ToTheStars.media Discussion

Discuss the latest AVA news and share your thoughts about anything AVA related

Re: ToTheStars.media Discussion

by TheWeatherMan on Thu Apr 13, 2017, 12:00am

ryan1125 wrote:It is a sad, sad time in AVA land. I'm actually reading GODS and it's very difficult to get through... :zzz:

I was wondering how GODS read? I know it's supposed to be factual so I'm imagining a standard history book non-fiction style. My main concern is the focus and pacing/flow. How much structure did Tom actually have with the book or did Levenda write most of it? Hoping Levenda did most of the work because with Tom's scattered brain I could see the focus of the book derailing quickly. Making it a very tough book to get through.

And now, I'll stop the storm if it rains, I'll light a path far from here, I'll make your fear melt away, and the world we know disappear.

TheWeatherMan

Name: Andrew
Times you've seen AVA: 0
More: modlife.com/
Reputation point: 60

by Tyler44 on Thu Apr 13, 2017, 9:48am

I bought the first Sekret Machines book. I still haven't found time to actually read it, did anyone else read it? I'm curious if it is good.

I'm currently reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series and re-watching Game of Thrones. With 40 hours of work and full-time grad school, my time is quite limited hahaha
Tyler44

Name: Not Tyler
Favourite Song: Handwritten
Favourite Album: Handwritten - The Gaslight Anthem
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Reputation point: 160

by ryan1125 on Thu Apr 13, 2017, 11:38am

TheWeatherMan wrote:
I was wondering how GODS read? I know it's supposed to be factual so I'm imagining a standard history book non-fiction style. My main concern is the focus and pacing/flow. How much structure did Tom actually have with the book or did Levenda write most of it?

It is about as dry and bland as you can get... It's basically like reading a history report on religions. The first 3-4 chapters I could hardly get through, I'm almost done with it now and it gotten a little better, but it is so deep and detailed that I can't even really remember anything I've read sadly. It's definitely all Levenda, Tom is brought up a few times but he definitely didn't write any of it.
ryan1125

Name: Ryan
Favorite Artists: Muse, TOOL, Nirvana
Favourite Song: Wasting Time
Favourite Album: Cheshire Cat
Interests: Guitar, Halo 5 =)
More: http://
Reputation point: 10

by ryan1125 on Thu Apr 13, 2017, 11:41am

Tyler44 wrote:I bought the first Sekret Machines book. I still haven't found time to actually read it, did anyone else read it? I'm curious if it is good.

I'm currently reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series and re-watching Game of Thrones. With 40 hours of work and full-time grad school, my time is quite limited hahaha

The first Sekret Machines book is great IMO because it's a suspenseful "story", whereas this new book is just like reading through stacks of research papers.

I'm watching GOT for the first time, only have 2 episodes left!
ryan1125

by Tyler44 on Sun Apr 16, 2017, 12:02pm

ryan1125 wrote:
Tyler44 wrote:I bought the first Sekret Machines book. I still haven't found time to actually read it, did anyone else read it? I'm curious if it is good.

The first Sekret Machines book is great IMO because it's a suspenseful "story", whereas this new book is just like reading through stacks of research papers.

I'm watching GOT for the first time, only have 2 episodes left!

That's good to know, I'd prefer an actual story when reading. Thanks!

AND OH MAN THOSE FINAL 2 EPISODES ARE ALSO THE BEST FUCKING EPISODES OF GOT!!!!!!! After the Battle of the Bastards I was convinced no episode could top that, then the next week episode 10 has legit 29 major things happen and my mind was blown.
Tyler44

Name: Not Tyler
Favourite Song: Handwritten
Favourite Album: Handwritten - The Gaslight Anthem
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Reputation point: 160

by ryan1125 on Sat Apr 22, 2017, 4:13pm

All vinyl bought today from TTS will be signed by Tom. No extra charge! I have them all already but couldn't contain myself and bought them all again. :wub:
ryan1125

by smintkid on Wed Apr 26, 2017, 2:11am

I kind of regret not doing the same. I did get lucky enough to grab a signed WDNTW + BCR vinyl which I will probably frame and put up. Wonder what they plan on doing next year...
smintkid

Times you've seen AVA: 2
Reputation point: 0

Return to Angels & Airwaves Discussion