TheAVAMovement turns 5

Discuss the latest AVA news and share your thoughts about anything AVA related

TheAVAMovement turns 5

by AirwavesRunner on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:05am

Five Years.

When I look back at all the posts I've made, it absolutely blows my mind that 5 years have passed since I joined this site. I was a high school sophomore just beginning to experience the world when I joined here in the wake of AVAEMPIRE's first collapse. Go back even further, I was in 7th grade when I joined Empire. Now, I graduate college in less than 9 months. Wow.

Time.
Flies.

As I've stated often, I believe it is the nature of the internet for sites to go through phases, and lull and roar from time to time. New members come in and old ones leave. Much like a fraternity, a website like this is a place someone comes and calls their home for a time, and when it is time to move forward, moves forward, keeping the memories in mind, never forgetting their time spent here. Each new group of members makes their home slightly different than those before, but the same creed and structure is passed on. AVAMovement will always be a home to me, even if I only post from time to time. I enjoy seeing new names finding a place to express their love for something, even if it's a band I rarely listen to anymore. I still go right back to the memories of when I first joined and what was going on in my life at the time when I look through my itunes.

1332 plays - The Adventure

1332 times I've relived that same memory.

As we enter our 6th year as a community, I want to thank everyone for their contributions to our home. Every meaningful post has added to someone's story, somewhere in the world. That's pretty cool to think about. One of the rally cries of this band has been that you can change the world. You might not be building schools in Africa, but somehow you've made an impression on someone by being here.

Personally, the many varied points of view I have encountered here has driven me into a career field where I will hopefully be in the heart of debate and discussion between parties and people, finding common ground where none is perceived. Thank you for helping me hone this skill, even though at 16 I never saw this place as anything more than a place to talk music and world events.

I am truly indebted to this community. Thank you to everyone who has ever contributed. I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the staff and admin when I say that this place will be open as long as we can keep it, and will always have an open door for those that call it home.

I wish every single one of you the very best in life. If you ever somehow make a wrong turn and end up in Kentucky, I grew up around the hillbillies and banjoes, I promise I can translate and get you out. Seriously though, drop me a message anytime.

Here's to five more.

-Adam

AirwavesRunner
AirwavesRunner

Name: Adam
Favourite Song: Jude Law & a Semester Abroad
Favourite Album: We Don't Need to Whisper
Times you've seen AVA: 2
Interests: Fate is what you make of it
Reputation point: 80

Re: TheAVAMovement turns 5

by Tyler44 on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 12:05pm

Awesome fucking post.

Like you, I joined this site in my sophomore year of highschool (2009). At that point in my life, blink and AVA were my favorite bands. I genuinely adored everything about AVA...it is weird and cool.

I also joined at an excellent time when the forum was booming in new posts, educated discussions, and fun. Every day I would log on and spend maybe 20 minutes to catch up on new posts.

It sucks that this site has slowed down in recent years and a lot of people 3 years ago have moved on, but I'm glad this site still exists. With the new AVA music coming out soon, I hope this site goes back to where it was..but this time, with new users and new mindsets. I hope to see old familiar faces stop by, even if it's for a post or two.

Thanks guys!
Tyler44

Name: Not Tyler
Favourite Song: Handwritten
Favourite Album: Handwritten - The Gaslight Anthem
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Reputation point: 160

by Joe-Davies on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 1:00pm

I still check the site on a daily basis! I remember when I first started all I wanted to do was get to 10 posts, then 100, and then 1000! I did grow out of this though haha so my posts are few and far apart these days, but I'm always watching, resuming my daily check which I've made for the last few years!

Joe-Davies

Name: Joe Davies
Favourite Song: There Is
Favourite Album: blink-182 - untitled
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Music, Lost, and Sports.
More: http://www.facebook.com/JoeDavies182
Reputation point: 25

by hopeistobelieve on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 1:24pm

I was late coming here.. But I have grown to love many people here.. Including the Tylers.. ;)
hopeistobelieve

Name: Shane
Favourite Song: Stockholm Syndrome: Blink 182
Favourite Album: I-Empire
More: youtube.com/lemonshamp00
Reputation point: 65

by ALVAYS10791 on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 1:26pm

I can't believe that. Never really thought about it. I've been with the site since MySpace days, and I remember when this site launched and it's crazy to think that it's been 5 years already. Think about this, when the site launched I was an idiot know it all kid in high school. Since then I've been expelled, gotten married, have 3 awesome kids, and I own a business that brings in over $50,000/month (ya I'm bragging lol, I'm pretty proud of those things). I still don't have my GED, but whatever. It's a stuggle everyday, but well worth it. I've definitely enjoyed the past 5 years, and AVA has helped me get through it all.

ALVAYS10791

Name: Justin
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90

by hopeistobelieve on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 1:32pm

ALVAYS10791 wrote:I can't believe that. Never really thought about it. I've been with the site since MySpace days, and I remember when this site launched and it's crazy to think that it's been 5 years already. Think about this, when the site launched I was an idiot know it all kid in high school. Since then I've been expelled, gotten married, have 3 awesome kids, and I own a business that brings in over $50,000/month (ya I'm bragging lol, I'm pretty proud of those things). I still don't have my GED, but whatever. It's a stuggle everyday, but well worth it. I've definitely enjoyed the past 5 years, and AVA has helped me get through it all.

dood that's awesome! pewped out 3 kids in 5 years! Congrats!
hopeistobelieve

by Danisani on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 2:19pm

Awesome! :D
Danisani

Name: steliost789
Favourite Song: -
Favourite Album: -
More: http://
Reputation point: -260

by tyler182 on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 3:07pm

It's weird to think I joined this site during my freshman year of college, and how much has changed since then. This website was home for me for a long time, you were here to celebrate my victories and also share your words of encouragement during some of the most difficult times of my life. I owe a lot to the users of this forum, both new and old.
Recently, I moved across the country and began gaining residency so that I can attend a nearby university to study physics next fall. A fresh start. That's what I'd like to see from this site as well. The new music from AVA is sounding so good, I can't help but think when they release a new album this place will liven up again. Until then, I'll keep lurking and maybe pop in every now and then to see what you all are up to.

hopeistobelieve wrote:I was late coming here.. But I have grown to love many people here.. Including the Tylers.. ;)

Love you too :wub:

I never wanted to coast, always wanted to be an anomaly.

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

Name: Tyler
Reputation point: 236

by Spaceman on Tue Sep 24, 2013, 11:00pm

I supposed now is as good a time as any to say, Howdy!

5 years later, and I still drop in every once in a while haha.

Like me on Facebook : facebook.com/captainsoftheskymusic
Follow me on Twitter : @captainravio

Follow me on Instagram : @captainsofthesky
Spaceman

Name: Eric
Reputation point: 70

by ALVAYS10791 on Wed Sep 25, 2013, 1:42pm

hopeistobelieve wrote:
ALVAYS10791 wrote:I can't believe that. Never really thought about it. I've been with the site since MySpace days, and I remember when this site launched and it's crazy to think that it's been 5 years already. Think about this, when the site launched I was an idiot know it all kid in high school. Since then I've been expelled, gotten married, have 3 awesome kids, and I own a business that brings in over $50,000/month (ya I'm bragging lol, I'm pretty proud of those things). I still don't have my GED, but whatever. It's a stuggle everyday, but well worth it. I've definitely enjoyed the past 5 years, and AVA has helped me get through it all.

dood that's awesome! pewped out 3 kids in 5 years! Congrats!

thanks man, tbh its extremely exhausting lol

Spaceman wrote:I supposed now is as good a time as any to say, Howdy!

Hey man, glad to see you still come here, even though I see ya all the time on facebook lol

ALVAYS10791

Name: Justin
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90

by AirwavesRunner on Wed Sep 25, 2013, 4:13pm

tyler182 wrote:It's weird to think I joined this site during my freshman year of college, and how much has changed since then. This website was home for me for a long time, you were here to celebrate my victories and also share your words of encouragement during some of the most difficult times of my life. I owe a lot to the users of this forum, both new and old.
Recently, I moved across the country and began gaining residency so that I can attend a nearby university to study physics next fall. A fresh start. That's what I'd like to see from this site as well. The new music from AVA is sounding so good, I can't help but think when they release a new album this place will liven up again. Until then, I'll keep lurking and maybe pop in every now and then to see what you all are up to.

I'm 9 months from moving 2000 miles across the country as well. It scares the hell out of me, but it's the start of a new chapter in life, and I'm so stoked to see what's out there for me.

Spaceman wrote:I supposed now is as good a time as any to say, Howdy!

Your post count is still much higher than mine. I lurk around as well.

AirwavesRunner
AirwavesRunner

Name: Adam
Favourite Song: Jude Law & a Semester Abroad
Interests: Fate is what you make of it
Reputation point: 80

by onethousandhours on Wed Sep 25, 2013, 4:44pm

Eventhough im not that long here i still feel like this is a place where i meet friends :)
I usually come to this site everyday and look whats going on and if i have an opinion to a question thats been ask or something else. Sure i dont write that often but i read the threads and think to myself "oh yeah... hopeistobelieve has a point!" (could also be someone else of course :wub: i just remember his name first)

So yeah thank all of you for being as awesome as you are :ninja:
onethousandhours

Name: Christoph
Favourite Song: Not now
Interests: Guitar, Songwriting, Lyric
Reputation point: 10

by hopeistobelieve on Wed Sep 25, 2013, 8:08pm

onethousandhours wrote:Eventhough im not that long here i still feel like this is a place where i meet friends :)
I usually come to this site everyday and look whats going on and if i have an opinion to a question thats been ask or something else. Sure i dont write that often but i read the threads and think to myself "oh yeah... hopeistobelieve has a point!" (could also be someone else of course :wub: i just remember his name first)

So yeah thank all of you for being as awesome as you are :ninja:

:lol: :lol: I don't think that ever happens.. I rarely do have a valid point!
hopeistobelieve

by GodisAnAstronaut on Wed Sep 25, 2013, 8:49pm

Happy Birthday AVAMovement

Follow Me on Twatter: http://twitter.com/ThePolisena
GodisAnAstronaut

Name: Mike
Favourite Song: The Gift
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Reputation point: 25

by HeavenOnPlanetEarth on Wed Sep 25, 2013, 10:20pm

Happy 5 years guys! Joined the movement also during my sophomore year in high school. Learned a lot about the band and the people here and I love how it evolved to this day :) It was because of this place helped me get into a lot of art and myself as the movement still goes on. Still excited for the long wait of the next AVA album. ;)

Also, thank you so much Matt for making this website :wub:

HeavenOnPlanetEarth

Reputation point: 50

by tyler182 on Thu Sep 26, 2013, 12:55am

Apparently TheAVAMovement has been sleeping around...our forum has virus bots :( Happy 5th Birthday, you slut.

I never wanted to coast, always wanted to be an anomaly.

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

Name: Tyler
Reputation point: 236

by Scott3128 on Thu Sep 26, 2013, 11:45am

Haven't frequented this site as much as I used to in the past, even then I kinda just lurked. :P but happy birthday Ava movement. I'm going to try to post more!

Edit* last time I updated it my age was 18 now I'm 20. Shit. Lol

Scott3128

Name: Scott
Favourite Song: It Hurts- Angels and Airwaves
Favourite Album: We Don't Need To Whisper
Interests: Guitars and breasts
More: http://
Reputation point: 0

by Giammy on Thu Sep 26, 2013, 4:47pm

Can't believe it's been five years already. Proudly been here since day one! I don't post as much as I used to, but I'm still into this in some way or another and through other platforms. I love this place, and it's so much more than just a website on the internet. Some of us left, new people will come, lots of people have been here for the last 5 years and will hopefully manage to go on doing so - but what matters is that we all found ourselves in this place for the same reason, and that's awesome.

Follow The AVA Movement for AVA and To The Stars updates!
Facebook: facebook.com/theavamovement
Instagram: instagram.com/theavamovement
Twitter: twitter.com/theavamovement
Giammy

Name: Gianmarco
Favorite Artists: AVA, Muse, Alkaline Trio, Sum 41...
Favourite Song: A Little's Enough
Interests: Civil engineering, UAP research, music
More: http://instagram.com/gianmarcopetrucci
Reputation point: 135

by hopeistobelieve on Thu Sep 26, 2013, 6:19pm

MATT WE MISS YOU!
hopeistobelieve

by AarunFast on Sat Sep 28, 2013, 1:11am

Long live the Movement!

I was a bored freshman in college, and I came across this site. There's a real sense of community here that I haven't seen anywhere else on the web; new members are welcomed, we have heated yet respectful debates, many original members are still around and we all share a passion for a band that is so much more than a band. Here's to 5 more!

Also:

ALVAYS10791 wrote:Since then I've been expelled, gotten married, have 3 awesome kids, and I own a business that brings in over $50,000/month (ya I'm bragging lol, I'm pretty proud of those things).

Dude I remember the original post about your first kid. The support this forum showed you was proof of how cool this place really is. Crazy it's been that long.

AarunFast

Name: Aaron
Favorite Artists: Drake
Favourite Song: Re: Stacks - Bon Iver
Favourite Album: WDNTW
Reputation point: 92

Return to Angels & Airwaves Discussion