Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

Learn how to play AVA tracks and help others

Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

by josho1992 on Fri Feb 20, 2015, 7:15pm

In the market for a TD Fender. Saw a few squire models. Anyone have any information on them?

Ill post some links from ebay.

2 Squires:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231483847034? ... EBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tom-Delonge-S ... 1605669501?

Are the squires just the equivalent to the Epiphone TD Model in comparison to Gibson?

2 Fender:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171687312678? ... EBIDX%3AIT - Would the small crack shown in the paint concern anyone about buying?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Strato ... 1602453345 - This one has a larger crack in the paint. Again, should It be a concern or is it just cosmetic due to it's age?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301521651005? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Image
User avatar
josho1992
Member
Member
 
Posts: 83
Name: Josh
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: The Adventure
Favourite Album: We Dont Need To Whisper
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: Computer, Music
More: http://
Reputation point: -5


Re: Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

by tyler182 on Fri Feb 20, 2015, 8:40pm

Squires suck. I'd suggest going with the fender that isn't cracked.

I never wanted to coast, always wanted to be an anomaly.

Image
Sig by Elevator

Image
User avatar
tyler182
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3843
Location: Indiana
Name: Tyler
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Reputation point: 236


Re: Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

by StephenCWJ on Fri Feb 20, 2015, 9:07pm

I'd pay more for a Fender (that isn't one of these unrepairable monstrosities). It's not that Squiers suck, it's just that you get what you pay for. If you want a rough feeling guitar, I guess it works for you. But a lot of the higher end Squiers are more than often better than the lower end Fenders. I have a Squier that I happily spent more money on (and rejected a Mexican Fender Tele for..) because it feels and sounds amazing.

My opinion? Don't go for any of these guitars. The Fenders are unrepairable, unless you want your guitar to look like it's been glued back together. The Squiers are early 2000s Squiers, quality control wasn't quite the same back then. Also, imagine spending all that money to discover you dislike them? That puts you in the seat of the guy that just desperately sold it to you.

PS, picture proof Squiers don't have to suck:
Image

User avatar
StephenCWJ
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1940
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Name: Stephen
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Rite of Spring
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 1
More: paintingrockets.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 195


Re: Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

by jlg182 on Fri Feb 20, 2015, 9:44pm

that's actually a really nice looking tele. never thought I'd say that lol
jlg182
Member
Member
 
Posts: 143
Name: James
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Favorite Artists: Blink 182
Favourite Song: any Blink or AVA, rotate weekly
Favourite Album: TOYPAJ or untitled/Blink 182
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: drums
Reputation point: 0


Re: Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

by josho1992 on Sat Feb 21, 2015, 10:00am

Really hoping to get myself a fender. None kicking around atm though :(

That tele looks really nice mate! How much did that set you back?

Image
User avatar
josho1992
Member
Member
 
Posts: 83
Name: Josh
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: The Adventure
Favourite Album: We Dont Need To Whisper
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: Computer, Music
More: http://
Reputation point: -5


Re: Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

by TheNightTerrorMan on Sat Feb 21, 2015, 10:32am

StephenCWJ wrote:I'd pay more for a Fender (that isn't one of these unrepairable monstrosities). It's not that Squiers suck, it's just that you get what you pay for. If you want a rough feeling guitar, I guess it works for you. But a lot of the higher end Squiers are more than often better than the lower end Fenders. I have a Squier that I happily spent more money on (and rejected a Mexican Fender Tele for..) because it feels and sounds amazing.

My opinion? Don't go for any of these guitars. The Fenders are unrepairable, unless you want your guitar to look like it's been glued back together. The Squiers are early 2000s Squiers, quality control wasn't quite the same back then. Also, imagine spending all that money to discover you dislike them? That puts you in the seat of the guy that just desperately sold it to you.

PS, picture proof Squiers don't have to suck:
Image





That's nice guitar :D I'd like to have one someday.
Last edited by TheNightTerrorMan on Sat Feb 21, 2015, 5:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image


Thanks to djenni for the signature.
User avatar
TheNightTerrorMan
Member
Member
 
Posts: 456
Name: Mr.Nobody
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Favorite Artists: Black Veil Brides (no not really)
Favourite Song: Call to Arms
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: (Just use this interests box, not the other)
More: http://
Reputation point: 20


Re: Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

by TheAdventure on Sat Feb 21, 2015, 5:09pm

StephenCWJ wrote:PS, picture proof Squiers don't have to suck:
Image


Dang! Squier has stepped up their game since back in the day!

First guitar I bought was back in 2001, a $115 Squier Bullet :lol: Many hours were passed in my room playing Green Day, Blink, and Weezer on that bad boy. Had a crappy Fender practice amp that had a hole in it and no distortion pedal. Wasn't the best set up but it was fun. Ironic because my dad was a luthier at the time, making $3,000 guitars (Beardguitars.com), and I was playing an instrument from the polar opposite end of the quality spectrum.

Image
User avatar
TheAdventure
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1698
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Favorite Artists: Weezer, Green Day, Bon Iver, Killers, Jack Wh
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: art, skateboarding, ministry, pizza
More: http://www.iamsotare.com
Reputation point: 105


Re: Tom Delonge Fender/Squire

by StephenCWJ on Sat Feb 21, 2015, 5:45pm

josho1992 wrote:Really hoping to get myself a fender. None kicking around atm though :(

That tele looks really nice mate! How much did that set you back?

Honestly can't remember. New they used to be around £350-£400.

TheAdventure wrote:Dang! Squier has stepped up their game since back in the day!

First guitar I bought was back in 2001, a $115 Squier Bullet :lol: Many hours were passed in my room playing Green Day, Blink, and Weezer on that bad boy. Had a crappy Fender practice amp that had a hole in it and no distortion pedal. Wasn't the best set up but it was fun. Ironic because my dad was a luthier at the time, making $3,000 guitars (Beardguitars.com), and I was playing an instrument from the polar opposite end of the quality spectrum.

They really have! I've seen professional musicians using Squiers in the same way that most use Epiphone. I'm definitely ready to get a new guitar though, something with single coils. I like humbuckers but I'm going through a Biffy Clyro kind of phase :)

User avatar
StephenCWJ
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1940
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Name: Stephen
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Rite of Spring
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 1
More: paintingrockets.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 195


Return to Your AVA Guitar Tabs, Tips and Setups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest