Podcast debating Blink/AVA's future

Updates about what's going on with the website.

Re: Podcast with Blink182 Online, debating Blink/AVA's future

by Skalor on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 2:07am

44racerangels182 your funny.

If we're an example of how 'mad' people react, then we must be the most civilised mad people I know. Ok theres been two or three bad reactions, one was even apologized for.

A lot of the posts on the Blink-182 Online thread thought we had good points even though they don't share the same views. No one else apart from you has reacted so immaturly.

I wanted to punch this chick in the face i wish i was there.

I think you've expressed more immaturity and whinyness in your one post then all the AVA fans have put together.

Enjoy your ban tomorrow after i've let you read this message. Why a ban? Well your not going to grow up over night and I might aswell save us all some trouble.

Follow The AVA Movement for news updates!
Facebook: facebook.com/theavamovement
Instagram: instagram.com/theavamovement
Twitter: twitter.com/theavamovement
Skalor
Administrator
Administrator

Name: Matty
Favorite Artists: M83, Tycho, Arcade Fire, Jon Hopkins
Favourite Song: The Gift (Live), Open Eye Signal (Jon Hopkins)
Favourite Album: WDNTW, Reflektor, Dive, Immunity
Times you've seen AVA: 4
Interests: Graphic Design, Music, Philosophy
Reputation point: 210

by Valkyriemissle9 on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 2:22am

Skalor wrote:44racerangels182 your funny.

If we're an example of how 'mad' people react, then we must be the most civilised mad people I know. Ok theres been two or three bad reactions, one was even apologized for.

A lot of the posts on the Blink-182 Online thread thought we had good points even though they don't share the same views. No one else apart from you has reacted so immaturly.

I wanted to punch this chick in the face i wish i was there.

I think you've expressed more immaturity and whinyness in your one post then all the AVA fans have put together.

Enjoy your ban tomorrow after i've let you read this message. Why a ban? Well your not going to grow up over night and I might aswell save us all some trouble.

That had to have been the most ridiculous post I've seen since February 9th.

Valkyriemissle9

Name: Devin Durbin
Favourite Song: "Hate Everyone" - Say Anything
Favourite Album: Too many I can't decide anymore.
Times you've seen AVA: 2
Interests: writing, and music.
More: Facebook.com/devin.durbin
Reputation point: 0

by ChrisParlamas on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 2:56am

44racerangels182 wrote:AVA's Message is a joke.
Jesus your not gonna change the world with Yoahahaoaaos.
+44 was way better.
blink-182 better not sound like ava i swear to god.
Btw this whole debate is a joke. The blink members are just talking about
how he changed which proves so many points. Then the ava points are like they changed the world and they gave me hope and blah blah blah. War anthems from AVA suck. :lol:

-The message is one of the greatest things music has ever had.

-No one spoke about "Yoahahaoaaos" whatever they are. (I know what he's getting at) and AVA can change the world with their uplifting message of hope.

-blink is going to sound somewhat like AVA because if you noticed AVA started off sounding close to blink in a way.

-You probably didn't listen to the debate.

-Get off of this site please.

44racerangels182 wrote:I wanted to punch this chick in the face i wish i was there.

Get off of this site now. You don't say that about Charissa, ever. It's okay to dislike AVA, but don't be an ass. You did not have to come here at all. It seems you are very immature at your age of 13. How dare you speak about hitting a girl , let alone it being Charissa.

http://www.facebook.com/bunderthird

FORMERLY HIMYNAMEISCHRIS

Λɴɢᴇʟs & ʌɪʀᴡʌᴠᴇS
ChrisParlamas

Name: Chris Parlamas
Favourite Song: Mercenaries - Angels & Airwaves
Favourite Album: Sonic Highways - Foo Fighters
Interests: Creating music, listening to music, and more
More: modlife.com/himynameischris
Reputation point: 40

by sephx on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 8:08am

+44 was way better.
how he changed which proves so many points. Then the ava points are like they changed the world and they gave me hope and blah blah blah. War anthems from AVA suck. :lol:

Dude quit being a dick, no one from the ava side once got mad or even said they hate blink. You're one of the only ones that's starting shit. Like what you like, let AVA fans like what they like.
sephx

Name: Jacob
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Interests: Music, Video Games
More: modlife.com/

by Charissa on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 9:00am

44racerangels182 wrote:There just getting mad cause AVA is just gonna come second. Blink is finally back and there getting mad. I dont understand how she talks about lyrics from obvious. Obvious is about a girl and a guy. It was based on one of the events that happened in toms life. I wanna see how this girls life had gotten so damn changed. I wanted to punch this chick in the face i wish i was there.

Actually Matty and I weren't mad at even once, if you were referring to the podcast.
I hope you never have to know why I needed Angels and Airwaves and therefore how my life has changed so much, but give you time. I'm sure life will get you below the belt at one time or another. Give yourself 15 or 20 years. Hopefully it will be different circumstances, but unfortunately I'm sure it will be equally as terrible. I hope you find what you need to escape when that happens.
Why do you have "Angels" in your name when you are such a hater?

Oliver, Aria- Here is a perfect example of nearly every Blink not AVA fan I've encountered.

Charissa

Name: Charissa
Favourite Song: The Gift Live/Mix by Skalor
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 16
Interests: I like cupcakes.
More: modlife.com/strangemay
Reputation point: 5

by Oliver on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 10:20am

Wow, I like to debate, but you guys write these huge paragraphs and I'd be here all day trying to refute them. :)

Avatticus glad we got that cleared up.

Charissa, as I have said on here and in the podcast, I totally agree with Tom's message, and if it's helped you, I think that's great. To me though, I think some people on here are getting way too caught up in the message asepct when it should be about the music.

But in the end it comes down to opinion. Blink changed my life, AVA changed yours. We just had different experiences and different opinions, no big deal.

As far as what you quoted above, you are going to have immature fans no matter what. Both bands have a lot of young fans and of course there is going to be personal insults and name calling.

That stuff doesn't phase me. I learned along time ago that a person who has to resort to name calling and personal attacks lost the argument before it began and it's not even worth the effort to reply and especially not worth getting worked up over.
Oliver

Name: James
Favourite Song: Bohemian Rhapsody
Favourite Album: Nevermind (Nirvana)
Interests: Music, Weather

by Charissa on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 11:35am

Oliver wrote:Wow, I like to debate, but you guys write these huge paragraphs and I'd be here all day trying to refute them. :)

Charissa, as I have said on here and in the podcast, I totally agree with Tom's message, and if it's helped you, I think that's great. To me though, I think some people on here are getting way too caught up in the message asepct when it should be about the music.

But in the end it comes down to opinion. Blink changed my life, AVA changed yours. We just had different experiences and different opinions, no big deal.

As far as what you quoted above, you are going to have immature fans no matter what. Both bands have a lot of young fans and of course there is going to be personal insults and name calling.

That stuff doesn't phase me. I learned along time ago that a person who has to resort to name calling and personal attacks lost the argument before it began and it's not even worth the effort to reply and especially not worth getting worked up over.

Oliver, we are a passionate and literary lot. ha ha
About it being just about the music, music should be whatever it is to you. :) Take what you need out of it. If someone gets more out of it than the next person, great! However you take it for yourself is right. However you interpret it for use in your life is right for you. What Blink does for you, what AVA does for me...what The Beatles did for many!
I think that last one will only phase me if I actually get punched in the face. :shock: I'm such a happy girl 90% of the time, it's weird to see that I could get someone so riled up.

Charissa

by Giammy on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 12:09pm

+44 was way better.

Thats a lot of hate Eugene, I gotta disagree with you there. AVA has changed a lot of lives, and I dont know how you can say something like that. What you said could be a bit offensive in my opinion..

Anyway most of you guys have made great points. I personally enjoyed the debate very much. It was interesting hearing a conversation between AVA fans and blink fans, and how they feel about the whole situation thats going on (blink reunion - AVAs future).

Oliver wrote:But in the end it comes down to opinion. Blink changed my life, AVA changed yours. We just had different experiences and different opinions, no big deal.

Good point. Theres no need to insult people that have different music tastes. Thats very immature.
I prefer Angels to blink, but I dont say "fuck you" to a person who prefers blink to AVA.

You have put a lot of effort guys, great job, thank you!
And Charissa, I finally know how to pronunciate your name! lol

Follow The AVA Movement for AVA and To The Stars updates!
Giammy

Name: Gianmarco
Favorite Artists: AVA, Muse, Alkaline Trio, Sum 41...
Favourite Song: A Little's Enough
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Civil engineering, UAP research, music
More: http://instagram.com/gianmarcopetrucci
Reputation point: 135

by Skalor on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 2:28pm

Oliver wrote:Charissa, as I have said on here and in the podcast, I totally agree with Tom's message, and if it's helped you, I think that's great. To me though, I think some people on here are getting way too caught up in the message asepct when it should be about the music.

I agree with Oliver. Obviously I love AVA's message, but if I didn't enjoy the band musically, then I wouldn't be sitting here right now on TheAVAMovement.com - A message alone is not going to make me enjoy the music.

There's plenty of bands that have good messages, but because I don't enjoy them as much musically, i'm less inclined to listen, or enjoy the whole package. Surely this applies to everyone?

Yes the AVA sound appeals to me more. Like with U2 and Coldplay. But pop punk as a genre comes straight after with bands like Blink, Sum 41, Yellowcard, Green Day etc.

Everyone, how is it for you?

Follow The AVA Movement for news updates!
Skalor
Administrator
Administrator

Name: Matty
Favorite Artists: M83, Tycho, Arcade Fire, Jon Hopkins
Favourite Song: The Gift (Live), Open Eye Signal (Jon Hopkins)
Favourite Album: WDNTW, Reflektor, Dive, Immunity
Interests: Graphic Design, Music, Philosophy
Reputation point: 210

by Charissa on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 2:47pm

Skalor wrote:Yes the AVA sound appeals to me more. Like with U2 and Coldplay. But pop punk as a genre comes straight after with bands like Blink, Sum 41, Yellowcard, Green Day etc.

Delicious! Absolutely. I love the AVA sound...the message just enhances it a bagazillion fold. :) On the opposite side of the spectrum, no matter how appealing the sound was to me, I wouldn't listen to it if the lyrics were about popping a cap in someone's ass, abusing children or women, poop, or big butts. (except for that one song) :shock:

Charissa

by ChrisParlamas on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 2:57pm

I'm glad most everything was cleared up.

I never really had a problem with anyone besides Aria and Eugene.

Of course I'm not really the type to flame anyone so I handled it as maturely as possible.

I may have come off earlier that I thought it was 100% about the message. Like Skalor said I wouldn't be a fan of AVA if I didn't like their music. I was just pointing out that I think AVA has a better message, but I like both bands' music equally.

I'm very passionate about the music I listen to. I sometimes make sure that the musicians I listen to actually care about what they write. I won't listen to bands that do everything for fame and cash because it takes away the meaning of the songs they write.

http://www.facebook.com/bunderthird

FORMERLY HIMYNAMEISCHRIS

Λɴɢᴇʟs & ʌɪʀᴡʌᴠᴇS
ChrisParlamas

Name: Chris Parlamas
Favourite Song: Mercenaries - Angels & Airwaves
Favourite Album: Sonic Highways - Foo Fighters
Interests: Creating music, listening to music, and more
More: modlife.com/himynameischris
Reputation point: 40

by seanamin on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 3:01pm

Skalor wrote:Yes the AVA sound appeals to me more. Like with U2 and Coldplay. But pop punk as a genre comes straight after with bands like Blink, Sum 41, Yellowcard, Green Day etc.

For me the music opens the door, but the message draws you in.

There are bands I listen to where I enjoy the music but don't connect with the lyrics or message, but I do prefer both.
seanamin

Name: Sean
Favourite Song: Bad - U2
Favourite Album: We Don't Need To Whisper
Interests: Family, Surfing, Cricket, Movies, Reading....
Reputation point: 30

by Oliver on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 3:16pm

Charissa wrote:
Oliver wrote:Wow, I like to debate, but you guys write these huge paragraphs and I'd be here all day trying to refute them. :)

Oliver, we are a passionate and literary lot. ha ha
About it being just about the music, music should be whatever it is to you. :) Take what you need out of it. If someone gets more out of it than the next person, great! However you take it for yourself is right. However you interpret it for use in your life is right for you. What Blink does for you, what AVA does for me...what The Beatles did for many!
I think that last one will only phase me if I actually get punched in the face. :shock: I'm such a happy girl 90% of the time, it's weird to see that I could get someone so riled up.

That's very true. It is what you get out of it.

BTW, The Beatles are my favorite band of all time. I was into them before Blink 182. To think an obsessed Beatles fan could somehow become a obsessed Blink 182 fan..... :D

Skalor wrote:
Oliver wrote:Charissa, as I have said on here and in the podcast, I totally agree with Tom's message, and if it's helped you, I think that's great. To me though, I think some people on here are getting way too caught up in the message asepct when it should be about the music.

I agree with Oliver. Obviously I love AVA's message, but if I didn't enjoy the band musically, then I wouldn't be sitting here right now on TheAVAMovement.com - A message alone is not going to make me enjoy the music.

There's plenty of bands that have good messages, but because I don't enjoy them as much musically, i'm less inclined to listen, or enjoy the whole package. Surely this applies to everyone?

Yes the AVA sound appeals to me more. Like with U2 and Coldplay. But pop punk as a genre comes straight after with bands like Blink, Sum 41, Yellowcard, Green Day etc.

Glad you agree about the music coming first.
Oliver

Name: James
Favourite Song: Bohemian Rhapsody
Favourite Album: Nevermind (Nirvana)
Interests: Music, Weather

by Giammy on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 3:22pm

Skalor wrote:I agree with Oliver. Obviously I love AVA's message, but if I didn't enjoy the band musically, then I wouldn't be sitting here right now on TheAVAMovement.com - A message alone is not going to make me enjoy the music.

Of course the most important thing in a song is the music.
If I dont like a song, I dont listen to it, even if it has a good message.

Follow The AVA Movement for AVA and To The Stars updates!
Giammy

Name: Gianmarco
Favorite Artists: AVA, Muse, Alkaline Trio, Sum 41...
Favourite Song: A Little's Enough
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Civil engineering, UAP research, music
More: http://instagram.com/gianmarcopetrucci
Reputation point: 135

by mattattack on Fri Feb 27, 2009, 3:29pm

THIS.
mattattack

Name: Matt
Favourite Song: feelin this- blink 182
Favourite Album: i cannot choose just 1
Interests: music, life, friends, family, the outdoors

Re: Podcast debating Blink/AVA's future

by jessa on Sun Mar 01, 2009, 2:30pm

the thing that most stood out to me from the podcast, is that AVA fans think the blink demos sound more like AVA, and Blink fans apparently think the demos sound like the untitled c.d.

well... then what's the big problem here? blink fans are apparently saying "if the new album sounds like AVA, i'm gonna kill something!" but if the demos sound like the untitled c.d, then I don't see why they're complaining in the first place...

why do we need to be squabbling over this when fans of both bands approve of the demos??

also, i didn't find the podcast to be that friendly. yeah, no chairs were thrown, obviously, but it wasn't exactly... i don't really know how to put what i'm thinking...

example, the question one of them asked Charissa, (paraphrased obviously) "do you want the album to be good, or do you want the album to suck?" umm, what kind of question is that? it's not like every single AVA fan is super angry and want to see Blink fail, a lot of them will follow whatever Tom does, and be cool with whatever that is.

i found that they put AVA fans into one category, and i'm not cool with that. people are different, there's no way every blink fan thinks alike, and that goes for AVA fans, too.

obviously, this is just my opinion, i don't want to make any trouble, i'm just stating my feelings on the matter.

''And if you try to fix violence with violence, you do nothing but create violence.'' -TD
jessa

Name: jessa
Favourite Song: After the Storm - Mumford and Sons
Times you've seen AVA: 3
More: modlife.com/iwish

by Charissa on Sun Mar 01, 2009, 2:51pm

jessa wrote:the thing that most stood out to me from the podcast, is that AVA fans think the blink demos sound more like AVA, and Blink fans apparently think the demos sound like the untitled c.d.

well... then what's the big problem here? blink fans are apparently saying "if the new album sounds like AVA, i'm gonna kill something!" but if the demos sound like the untitled c.d, then I don't see why they're complaining in the first place...

why do we need to be squabbling over this when fans of both bands approve of the demos??

also, i didn't find the podcast to be that friendly. yeah, no chairs were thrown, obviously, but it wasn't exactly... i don't really know how to put what i'm thinking...

example, the question one of them asked Charissa, (paraphrased obviously) "do you want the album to be good, or do you want the album to suck?" umm, what kind of question is that? it's not like every single AVA fan is super angry and want to see Blink fail, a lot of them will follow whatever Tom does, and be cool with whatever that is.

i found that they put AVA fans into one category, and i'm not cool with that. people are different, there's no way every blink fan thinks alike, and that goes for AVA fans, too.

obviously, this is just my opinion, i don't want to make any trouble, i'm just stating my feelings on the matter.

There isn't a problem. The podcast was a general debate. I do think it came off a little edgier on the recording everyone heard. We'd done the podcast the night before but the recording was corrupted, so I think all of us had a bit of frustration of trying to recall and recreate some of the things we'd covered the first time.

The thing about the demos is this, supposedly the Blink guys haven't actually put any of their stuff together yet, so it's likely those demos are nothing like the end result will be anyway. It was just a topic of discussion. :) What it's going to turn out to be is just a whole lot of speculation.

You made a valid point about the categories of AVA and Blink fans. The podcast was mostly representing the "far left" and the "far right" of the spectrum if you will. ;) Even in those specific categories everyone's personality, taste and life experience effect how they think and how they personally respond to either of the bands and what it happening with them right now.

And I can tell you what kind of question that was...a difficult one. I stand by my answer. :D

Charissa

by Spaceman on Sun Mar 01, 2009, 2:56pm

Woah I've been gone 4 days and I missed alot! :shock:

Like me on Facebook : facebook.com/captainsoftheskymusic
Follow me on Twitter : @captainravio

Follow me on Instagram : @captainsofthesky
Spaceman

Name: Eric
Reputation point: 70

by Peter on Sun Mar 01, 2009, 5:34pm

i think that in time ava will be better than blink if they keep making CD's. But Blink has soo much influence on so many bands. They changed punk rock to what it is. Without them, we would not have a lot of bands sounds.

I honestly don't see how you can compare the two.....
Peter

Name: Peter
Favourite Album: Take Off Your Pants And Jacket - Blink
Interests: Music, games, friends

by KasiaIsBetter on Fri Jun 10, 2011, 6:08pm

oh man, i just joined this site. i would've loved to be in on this debate. anyways, how does one go about listening to the infamous podcast?
KasiaIsBetter

Name: Kasia
Favourite Song: A Little's Enough/Start the Machine
Favourite Album: We Don't Need to Whisper
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: Writing, reading.
More: http://www.facebook.com/Stop.Cyberstalking
Reputation point: 28

Return to AVA Movement Announcements