AVA Movement Changes

Updates about what's going on with the website.

Re: AVA Movement Changes

by I-Ryan182 on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 2:33pm

Alroth wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:
I-Ryan182 wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:"bring his cat into it."

That made me giggle hehe :)
All I said was I think his cat agrees.
Jaysis, was only taking the piss :P


I LOL'd when I wrote it :lol:

And you can totally voice your opinion, you just seemed like you were getting hostile and upset is all. I think we all just need to chill and enjoy some gifs



Haha no I wasn't :)
Gifs galore soon :P


The fucking gifs man!

*insert david kennedy "the gift" meme*


Here I got you bro

Image

Image
User avatar
I-Ryan182
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1213
Location: San Diego, CA
Name: Ryan
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Mercenaries
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 5
Reputation point: 20


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by ALVAYS10791 on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 2:36pm

Alroth wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:
I-Ryan182 wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:"bring his cat into it."

That made me giggle hehe :)
All I said was I think his cat agrees.
Jaysis, was only taking the piss :P


I LOL'd when I wrote it :lol:

And you can totally voice your opinion, you just seemed like you were getting hostile and upset is all. I think we all just need to chill and enjoy some gifs

Image


Haha no I wasn't :)
Gifs galore soon :P


The fucking gifs man!

*insert david kennedy "the gift" meme*


Image

Image
User avatar
ALVAYS10791
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3666
Location: Portage, IN
Name: Justin
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by ALVAYS10791 on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 2:37pm

I-Ryan182 wrote:
Alroth wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:
I-Ryan182 wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:"bring his cat into it."

That made me giggle hehe :)
All I said was I think his cat agrees.
Jaysis, was only taking the piss :P


I LOL'd when I wrote it :lol:

And you can totally voice your opinion, you just seemed like you were getting hostile and upset is all. I think we all just need to chill and enjoy some gifs



Haha no I wasn't :)
Gifs galore soon :P


The fucking gifs man!

*insert david kennedy "the gift" meme*


Here I got you bro

Image



Image

Image
User avatar
ALVAYS10791
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3666
Location: Portage, IN
Name: Justin
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by Alroth on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 2:38pm

I-Ryan182 wrote:
Alroth wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:
I-Ryan182 wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:"bring his cat into it."

That made me giggle hehe :)
All I said was I think his cat agrees.
Jaysis, was only taking the piss :P


I LOL'd when I wrote it :lol:

And you can totally voice your opinion, you just seemed like you were getting hostile and upset is all. I think we all just need to chill and enjoy some gifs

Image


Haha no I wasn't :)
Gifs galore soon :P


The fucking gifs man!

*insert david kennedy "the gift" meme*


Here I got you bro

Image




see this is what this place is about, having someone there always to back you up, its comradery.... its like that time that the US almost lost WWII if it wasnt for us aussies and our vegemite

Image
Alroth
Member
Member
 
Posts: 132
Name: Alex
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Smith Street Band
Favourite Album: Smith Street Band
Times you've seen AVA: 2
Interests: Smith Street Band
Reputation point: -5


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by ALVAYS10791 on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 2:44pm

I-Ryan182 wrote:
Alroth wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:
I-Ryan182 wrote:
AverageFan91 wrote:"bring his cat into it."



I LOL'd when I wrote it :lol:

And you can totally voice your opinion, you just seemed like you were getting hostile and upset is all. I think we all just need to chill and enjoy some gifs

Image


Haha no I wasn't :)
Gifs galore soon :P


The fucking gifs man!

*insert david kennedy "the gift" meme*


Here I got you bro

Image




see this is what this place is about, having someone there always to back you up, its comradery.... its like that time that the US almost lost WWII if it wasnt for us aussies and our vegemite



Image

Spoiler: show
I will try to stop now

Image
User avatar
ALVAYS10791
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3666
Location: Portage, IN
Name: Justin
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by TheLong on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 3:22pm

Tyler182 has feelings? Does he care about a forum on the internet? That’s news to me. It seems that you all live in a world where no one needs to apologize for anything. He never showed any regret. After all his insults I humiliate myself when I had the initiative to fix what was going on between us in a different way. It was not me who had to take the initiative! Instead of acting like an adult and try to fix everything, he just kept being a troll. I know what’s happening in his life as much as he knows what’s happening in my life: nothing! Tyler182 has feelings, so do I. All the members who are his friends and all the members who are not happy with him because he never tries to fix things like an adult do have feeling too. None of you can say I didn’t try to fix things between us. None of you can say I ever said I wanted him to be banned. But I’m not blind and I can’t say I do not agree with his ban because he never tried to change his attitude. Some of you tried to imply that I’m happy because he was banned but I’m not! The only thing I wanted from him was to see him saying he was sorry to all the members he had pissed off. That’s all. He could have ended everything with 1 single post but he just kept being a troll and ruined the Thread I writing in “Free Talk”, which originated all my fury 2 days ago. You guys are his friends and I understand that you don’t want to see him leave this forum but stop trying to make him look like an innocent poor guy who has problems in his life and likes sarcastic gifs. The truth is that he likes to watch people getting pissed off, he said this himself. I have my doubts but if he’s ready to resolve his problems in this forum like an adult then I think he still has a place in this forum. But a decision was made and we all have to respect that decision. We don’t know what will happen in the future.
Last edited by TheLong on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 3:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLong
Member
Member
 
Posts: 320
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Reputation point: 35


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by ALVAYS10791 on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 3:25pm

TheLong wrote:Tyler182 has feelings? Does he care about a forum on the internet? That’s news to me. It seems that you all live in a world where no one needs to apologize for anything. He never showed any regret. After all his insults I humiliate myself when I had the initiative to fix what was going on between us in a different way. It was not me who had to take the initiate! Instead of acting like an adult and try to fix everything, he just kept being a troll. I know what’s happening in his life as much as he knows what’s happening in my life: nothing! Tyler182 has feelings, so do I. All the members who are his friends and all the members who are not happy with him because he never tries to fix things like an adult do have feeling too. None of you can say I didn’t try to fix things between us. None of you can say I ever said I wanted him to be banned. But I’m not blind and I can’t say I do not agree with his ban because he never tried to change his attitude. Some of you tried to imply that I’m happy because he was banned but I’m not! The only thing I wanted from him was to see him saying he was sorry to all the members he had pissed off. That’s all. He could have ended everything with 1 single post but he just kept being a troll and ruined the Thread I writing in “Free Talk”, which originated all my fury 2 days ago. You guys are his friends and I understand that you don’t want to see him leave this forum but stop trying to make him look like an innocent poor guy who has problems in his life and likes sarcastic gifs. The truth is that he likes to watch people getting pissed off, he said this himself. I have my doubts but if he’s ready to resolve his problems in this forum like an adult then I think he still has a place in this forum. But a decision was made and we all have to respect that decision. We don’t know what will happen in the future.


dude, no one is pointing a finger at you though...

Image
User avatar
ALVAYS10791
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3666
Location: Portage, IN
Name: Justin
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by fricktasticful on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 4:12pm

TheLong wrote:Tyler182 has feelings? Does he care about a forum on the internet? That’s news to me. It seems that you all live in a world where no one needs to apologize for anything. He never showed any regret. After all his insults I humiliate myself when I had the initiative to fix what was going on between us in a different way. It was not me who had to take the initiative! Instead of acting like an adult and try to fix everything, he just kept being a troll. I know what’s happening in his life as much as he knows what’s happening in my life: nothing! Tyler182 has feelings, so do I. All the members who are his friends and all the members who are not happy with him because he never tries to fix things like an adult do have feeling too. None of you can say I didn’t try to fix things between us. None of you can say I ever said I wanted him to be banned. But I’m not blind and I can’t say I do not agree with his ban because he never tried to change his attitude. Some of you tried to imply that I’m happy because he was banned but I’m not! The only thing I wanted from him was to see him saying he was sorry to all the members he had pissed off. That’s all. He could have ended everything with 1 single post but he just kept being a troll and ruined the Thread I writing in “Free Talk”, which originated all my fury 2 days ago. You guys are his friends and I understand that you don’t want to see him leave this forum but stop trying to make him look like an innocent poor guy who has problems in his life and likes sarcastic gifs. The truth is that he likes to watch people getting pissed off, he said this himself. I have my doubts but if he’s ready to resolve his problems in this forum like an adult then I think he still has a place in this forum. But a decision was made and we all have to respect that decision. We don’t know what will happen in the future.



But we're not acting like he's some poor, innocent guy. We have all acknowledged that he can be a total dick*. HOWEVER, given his number of constructive posts, his overall contributions, and the way this situation was handled (e.g. him being banned when no one was really calling for it/the situation involving you being dramatic and not getting so much as a slap on the wrist), it seems unfair to some of us that Skalor just up and banned him. Yeah, I know Giammy warned him, but his "offenses" aren't even remotely on par with other people who have been banned.

We're not blaming YOU for getting him banned, and no, we don't have to respect Skalor's decision. We shouldn't be (and are not) attacking him and calling him names, but I think he made a bad call, and several other members agree with me. 99% of the time, most of us agree with what Skalor has to say, so the fact that there are so many dissenting opinions on this particular issue says a lot.

*and before you say I'm sticking up for him because I'm in his "clique", that's bullshit. We're on a damn forum, of course we're going to make friends.

Let's talk about the hardcore that ain't hard anymore


Image
User avatar
fricktasticful
Member
Member
 
Posts: 937
Name: Taylor
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Look What Happened
Favourite Album: Hello Rockview
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Music
More: http://
Reputation point: 122


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by I-Ryan182 on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 4:19pm

fricktasticful wrote:
TheLong wrote:Tyler182 has feelings? Does he care about a forum on the internet? That’s news to me. It seems that you all live in a world where no one needs to apologize for anything. He never showed any regret. After all his insults I humiliate myself when I had the initiative to fix what was going on between us in a different way. It was not me who had to take the initiative! Instead of acting like an adult and try to fix everything, he just kept being a troll. I know what’s happening in his life as much as he knows what’s happening in my life: nothing! Tyler182 has feelings, so do I. All the members who are his friends and all the members who are not happy with him because he never tries to fix things like an adult do have feeling too. None of you can say I didn’t try to fix things between us. None of you can say I ever said I wanted him to be banned. But I’m not blind and I can’t say I do not agree with his ban because he never tried to change his attitude. Some of you tried to imply that I’m happy because he was banned but I’m not! The only thing I wanted from him was to see him saying he was sorry to all the members he had pissed off. That’s all. He could have ended everything with 1 single post but he just kept being a troll and ruined the Thread I writing in “Free Talk”, which originated all my fury 2 days ago. You guys are his friends and I understand that you don’t want to see him leave this forum but stop trying to make him look like an innocent poor guy who has problems in his life and likes sarcastic gifs. The truth is that he likes to watch people getting pissed off, he said this himself. I have my doubts but if he’s ready to resolve his problems in this forum like an adult then I think he still has a place in this forum. But a decision was made and we all have to respect that decision. We don’t know what will happen in the future.



But we're not acting like he's some poor, innocent guy. We have all acknowledged that he can be a total dick*. HOWEVER, given his number of constructive posts, his overall contributions, and the way this situation was handled (e.g. him being banned when no one was really calling for it/the situation involving you being dramatic and not getting so much as a slap on the wrist), it seems unfair to some of us that Skalor just up and banned him. Yeah, I know Giammy warned him, but his "offenses" aren't even remotely on par with other people who have been banned.

We're not blaming YOU for getting him banned, and no, we don't have to respect Skalor's decision. We shouldn't be (and are not) attacking him and calling him names, but I think he made a bad call, and several other members agree with me. 99% of the time, most of us agree with what Skalor has to say, so the fact that there are so many dissenting opinions on this particular issue says a lot.

*and before you say I'm sticking up for him because I'm in his "clique", that's bullshit. We're on a damn forum, of course we're going to make friends.


I think it would be bad if we were just all in agreement all of the time. That's how this world works, there has to be disagreement for there to be growth and change.

Image
User avatar
I-Ryan182
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1213
Location: San Diego, CA
Name: Ryan
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Mercenaries
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 5
Reputation point: 20


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by ALVAYS10791 on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 5:14pm

I-Ryan182 wrote:
fricktasticful wrote:
TheLong wrote:Tyler182 has feelings? Does he care about a forum on the internet? That’s news to me. It seems that you all live in a world where no one needs to apologize for anything. He never showed any regret. After all his insults I humiliate myself when I had the initiative to fix what was going on between us in a different way. It was not me who had to take the initiative! Instead of acting like an adult and try to fix everything, he just kept being a troll. I know what’s happening in his life as much as he knows what’s happening in my life: nothing! Tyler182 has feelings, so do I. All the members who are his friends and all the members who are not happy with him because he never tries to fix things like an adult do have feeling too. None of you can say I didn’t try to fix things between us. None of you can say I ever said I wanted him to be banned. But I’m not blind and I can’t say I do not agree with his ban because he never tried to change his attitude. Some of you tried to imply that I’m happy because he was banned but I’m not! The only thing I wanted from him was to see him saying he was sorry to all the members he had pissed off. That’s all. He could have ended everything with 1 single post but he just kept being a troll and ruined the Thread I writing in “Free Talk”, which originated all my fury 2 days ago. You guys are his friends and I understand that you don’t want to see him leave this forum but stop trying to make him look like an innocent poor guy who has problems in his life and likes sarcastic gifs. The truth is that he likes to watch people getting pissed off, he said this himself. I have my doubts but if he’s ready to resolve his problems in this forum like an adult then I think he still has a place in this forum. But a decision was made and we all have to respect that decision. We don’t know what will happen in the future.



But we're not acting like he's some poor, innocent guy. We have all acknowledged that he can be a total dick*. HOWEVER, given his number of constructive posts, his overall contributions, and the way this situation was handled (e.g. him being banned when no one was really calling for it/the situation involving you being dramatic and not getting so much as a slap on the wrist), it seems unfair to some of us that Skalor just up and banned him. Yeah, I know Giammy warned him, but his "offenses" aren't even remotely on par with other people who have been banned.

We're not blaming YOU for getting him banned, and no, we don't have to respect Skalor's decision. We shouldn't be (and are not) attacking him and calling him names, but I think he made a bad call, and several other members agree with me. 99% of the time, most of us agree with what Skalor has to say, so the fact that there are so many dissenting opinions on this particular issue says a lot.

*and before you say I'm sticking up for him because I'm in his "clique", that's bullshit. We're on a damn forum, of course we're going to make friends.


I think it would be bad if we were just all in agreement all of the time. That's how this world works, there has to be disagreement for there to be growth and change.


this is true

Image
User avatar
ALVAYS10791
Member
Member
 
Posts: 3666
Location: Portage, IN
Name: Justin
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by TheAdventure on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 9:11pm

Although Tyler was kind of abrasive/negative sometimes, he was funny and I always got along with him. He had some good perspectives on music, the forum, and a lot of other stuff. It's just a shame some of it wasn't expressed in a better, more effective way.

I'll miss reading his thoughts, but I probably won't miss the Great GIF Onslaught of 2014.

In loving memory:

Image

Image
User avatar
TheAdventure
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1693
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Favorite Artists: Weezer, Green Day, Bon Iver, Killers, Jack Wh
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: art, skateboarding, ministry, pizza
More: http://www.iamsotare.com
Reputation point: 105


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by Skalor on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 10:37pm

Ok this post is going to be a long one!

Looking at my first post I can see that I didn't go into much detail about why I decided to ban tyler182, so it looks particularly out of the blue. In reality my patience had continually growing thin each week. Everyone here has already agreed tyler was provocative and abrasive, even his defenders and himself admit this (see spoiler 1 below). This is such a welcoming message to new members...

Spoiler: show
tyler182 wrote:As for the people I've given negative rep to, it's never anything personal, it's because you're posting dumb shit. That's what the rep button is for...reputation. Mine appears to be alright, maybe you should check yourselves. Just because you're not as "abrasive" as I am, doesn't mean you're innocent. I may come off as a dick sometimes, but I've been contributing to this forum for a very long time. New people may not get it right away, but even though I'm not Mr. Cuddles, I still have a place here.
...I've removed part of tyler's post here for the sake of time...
And for the newbies complaining about me being oh so mean to you all the time and acting like you never do anything wrong and you somehow didn't deserve your negative rep:

Image


My patience was already ultra thin in recent weeks after seeing several users openly express their fear of posting due to his reactions (see spoiler 2 below).

Spoiler: show
ChrisDCMA wrote:Tyler was the reason I stopped posting for so long. everytime I posted an opinion, I was worried that he would come up, call me a name saying that I was stupid and say some random shit to prove his point like if it wasn't okay to have our own opinions (and yeah all my negative points came from him for really stupid reasons...)


Tyler replied to people who didn't want to post anymore due to his attitude with this:
tyler182 wrote:And the forum improved when you all left, so your welcome :lol:


This quote above is just one of a few users who had the balls to be open about how he felt. This and several other quotes made me think how many new members and non registered members thought the same way.

When I came back from a weekend break to see Tyler and Ryan had been going at it, I just had enough of the whole thing. And now that i've banned Tyler, already 3 newly joined members in 24 hours have confessed he was the reason they weren't posting.

StephenCWJ wrote:If you've ever had any problems in your life, you would know that regardless, you're gonna kick up a fuss about everything and anything. He shouldn't have been as rude as he was, but what he really needs is someone to talk to, not people to push him away. Maybe, instead of thinking about the 3-4 people who couldn't take his sarcastic jokes, think about what's going on with Tyler right now.


We cannot excuse Tyler's behavior because he's suffering in his personal life, I should also point out that neither him or anyone else actually stated to me that he had big personal problems. Only now Astronomy has told me a few things I sympathise with his pain, but not with how he channeled this into being aggressive to others. Ultimately i'm going to defend the people tyler is hostile to rather than tyler himself. Many of us here will have big personal issues, for all we know Chris (the guy who stopped posting due to Tyler) is suicidal and I would rather spend my time talking with him because he was making an active effort to be nice to people. Just because Tyler shouts the loudest doesn't mean he's deserves the most sympathy, attention or help.

Now i've spoke to all the other moderators privately and asked them to be straight and honest with me about what they thought about my decision to ban tyler. All of them agreed the ban should remain, apart from Tyler44 and Samir who havent responded. So it's concluded the ban remains for now.

However, I am willing to talk to tyler in the future to see how things are going and perhaps consider giving him a second chance once we all have a bit of perspective (me included). As i've already said, I really do think tyler has a lot of decent qualities which are great to see when he decides to show this side of himself. I just think we were seeing too much of the wrong side, and I would rather let other more positive members take the floor especially during a crucial time collaborating with Angels & Airwaves.

I realise I probably come across all pompous and righteous in these types of posts. I really wish I didn't have to write them, but if I never explained the decision making process then people would hate me even more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I will address some other smaller comments here that are separate from my main points above.

fricktasticful wrote:Tyler is, and has been, one of the most active contributors on this forum for years, and even if his tenure isn't a reason to keep him from being banned

ALVAYS10791 wrote:you lost a lot of respect from a lot of us "old timers" that have stuck through thick and thin.

The fact tyler was an 'old timer' only shows how little he learnt from the past. It doesn't grant him privilege to be a dick. If anything you expect old timers to set an example to new members.

The moderators who are also 'old timers' agree with the ban along with all the posters in this thread minus 6 people. And as some of you pointed out, you can never get 100% to agree on anything. Whatever happened some 'old timers' would be upset with the state of the forum.

StephenCWJ wrote:You're going to lose more regulars than gain new (valuable, not trolls) members, I can tell you that for sure.

How can you be sure that we wont gain new valuable members?

StephenCWJ wrote:Also, don't bother trying to speak down to me. The fact you own this website means nothing to me.

I have never intended to speak down to you, probably with this heated discussion through typed messages it's easy to perceive my language different from how I meant. I'll never be able to please everyone no matter what I do with this website and I just have to live with that.

-------------------------------

Well done to anyone who managed to read this whole post. I owe you a drink.

.
Image

Follow The AVA Movement for news updates!
Facebook: facebook.com/theavamovement
Instagram: instagram.com/theavamovement
Twitter: twitter.com/theavamovement
User avatar
Skalor
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7674
Location: England
Name: Matty
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Favorite Artists: M83, Tycho, Arcade Fire, Jon Hopkins
Favourite Song: The Gift (Live), Open Eye Signal (Jon Hopkins)
Favourite Album: WDNTW, Reflektor, Dive, Immunity
Times you've seen AVA: 4
Interests: Graphic Design, Music, Philosophy
Reputation point: 210


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by wakefulsleep on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 10:42pm

I'll take that drink anytime, Skalor :lol:
User avatar
wakefulsleep
Member
Member
 
Posts: 58
Gender: Male
Times you've seen AVA: 1
More: http://
Reputation point: 6


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by Alroth on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 10:47pm

Skalor wrote:Well done to anyone who managed to read this whole post. I owe you a drink.


Thanks M8, I'll take a beer, not a Fosters though we dont drink that stuff down here.

But yeah I'd have him back if he tones it down a bit #nomemes.

Image
Alroth
Member
Member
 
Posts: 132
Name: Alex
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Smith Street Band
Favourite Album: Smith Street Band
Times you've seen AVA: 2
Interests: Smith Street Band
Reputation point: -5


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by StephenCWJ on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 10:55pm

I'm sorry, but I still stand by everything I said. I don't care if it makes me look like I'm part of some "clique" bullshit. I don't care if some users poop their panties when I stand up for a friend. I still speak to Tyler, it's not like it's the end of days and we can't contact each other. I'm just angry that the post you only just made about his banning didn't happen until now. To me and a lot of people it just seemed like "Okay here's the dealio, Tyler's banned what a fucker he fucked with my new users don't fuck with me again".

Regarding the new users being valuable statement. I didn't say they wouldn't be. I've been PM'ing TheLong, I think if he grew a backbone and stopped taking everything as a fight, he'd be really valuable. What I did say was that you would lose your regulars, and lets face it.. since all of this, the regulars or "old timers" as you put it have barely posted. What I also did say was that you were going to get more trolls than valuable users because of this. Look how many people have decided to fuck around with us now that the big bad man isn't here to tell them off. The 4th or 5th page is solely down to Averagefan trying to piss me and Plop off.

I've got countless messages telling me "oh you can't talk to Skalor like that, he runs this place, he can talk down to you if he wants". To me, it seemed like it. I apologise for getting heated to you, but I was pissed and I had every reason to be.

User avatar
StephenCWJ
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1936
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Name: Stephen
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Rite of Spring
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 1
More: paintingrockets.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 195


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by TheAdventure on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 11:20pm

Skalor wrote:As i've already said, I really do think tyler has a lot of decent qualities which are great to see when he decides to show this side of himself. I just think we were seeing too much of the wrong side.


Well said.

And you don't come across as pompous or anything.

Image
User avatar
TheAdventure
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1693
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Favorite Artists: Weezer, Green Day, Bon Iver, Killers, Jack Wh
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: art, skateboarding, ministry, pizza
More: http://www.iamsotare.com
Reputation point: 105


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by Skalor on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 11:25pm

StephenCWJ wrote:I'm just angry that the post you only just made about his banning didn't happen until now. To me and a lot of people it just seemed like "Okay here's the dealio, Tyler's banned what a fucker he fucked with my new users don't fuck with me again".

I can see that now, I apologise to everyone about not going into further reasons for the ban. I think I wanted to respond as quickly as a could and try get things on track, overlooking some detail in the process.

StephenCWJ wrote:I don't care if some users poop their panties when I stand up for a friend.

It wasn't you who was upsetting people.

StephenCWJ wrote:What I did say was that you would lose your regulars, and lets face it.. since all of this, the regulars or "old timers" as you put it have barely posted. What I also did say was that you were going to get more trolls than valuable users because of this. Look how many people have decided to fuck around with us now that the big bad man isn't here to tell them off. The 4th or 5th page is solely down to Averagefan trying to piss me and Plop off.

Don't worry any future trolls will also be removed if they keep pushing everyones buttons.

I would rather share the forum with inactive considerate people then active inconsiderate people like how Tyler chose to behave. That's my principle. If people want to stop posting because Tyler is gone then so be it. What else is their to discuss?

I'm going to forward my post to Tyler and I honestly do hope he comes back in future when things are better for him, if he's still interested.

Alroth wrote:Thanks M8, I'll take a beer, not a Fosters though we dont drink that stuff down here.

Haha, even if you did have Fosters I wouldn't be cruel enough to buy you one.

.
Image

Follow The AVA Movement for news updates!
Facebook: facebook.com/theavamovement
Instagram: instagram.com/theavamovement
Twitter: twitter.com/theavamovement
User avatar
Skalor
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7674
Location: England
Name: Matty
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Favorite Artists: M83, Tycho, Arcade Fire, Jon Hopkins
Favourite Song: The Gift (Live), Open Eye Signal (Jon Hopkins)
Favourite Album: WDNTW, Reflektor, Dive, Immunity
Times you've seen AVA: 4
Interests: Graphic Design, Music, Philosophy
Reputation point: 210


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by fricktasticful on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 11:27pm

@Skalor -- You don't come across as pompous, so don't worry about that. I still really disagree with this decision, but I understand that yelling about it isn't going to get us anywhere. Stephen, do you have Tyler's email? I'd be interested in keeping in contact with him until he's allowed back on the forum (Which I do legitimately think will happen sooner rather than later).

Let's talk about the hardcore that ain't hard anymore


Image
User avatar
fricktasticful
Member
Member
 
Posts: 937
Name: Taylor
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Look What Happened
Favourite Album: Hello Rockview
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Music
More: http://
Reputation point: 122


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by StephenCWJ on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 11:38pm

Clearly, I was upsetting certain users a few pages back. It's hard to ignore. The fact that there seemed to be a group of people on here that stuck together clearly pissed off more users than it should have. Regardless, it doesn't bother me.

Frick, I don't have his email mate. I do have his Tumblr though and we've been messaging through that if it's any use to you!

User avatar
StephenCWJ
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1936
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Name: Stephen
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Favourite Song: Rite of Spring
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 1
More: paintingrockets.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 195


Re: AVA Movement Changes

by AarunFast on Tue Oct 21, 2014, 11:43pm

This is the last thing will l say about Tyler. At times, he was a chill dude who brought a lot to the forum. But this latest outbreak isn't the first time he's pushed it too far here. He went on a little tirade a few years back against me and a few others, personally apologized, and I forgot about it until today. Wouldn't be a big deal, except he's doing the same stuff and offering a weaker version of the same apology all over again. It's a tough decision to make, but when someone is making people scared to post on the freaking Internet, changes need to be made.

I get it, we live in an age of 4chan and reddit, where people are legitimate assholes to each other for fun (see r/cringe or the fappening), but I've always felt like it was different here. I mean, I'm facebook friends with a lot of you. We are a small group of people that enjoy an underdog band that most of the music world can't stand, so it really sucks to see this drama here everyday. I think we need to watch the Lion King or some shit and get along.

In a week or so, we'll get a ton of news (hopefully), and this will be less of a deal. We'll be arguing about recycled riffs and David Kennedy's coffee in no time, not AVA Movement/Mean Girls drama.

Fuckin' The Gift, man.

Image


Image
User avatar
AarunFast
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2958
Location: Detroit, MI
Name: Aaron
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Favorite Artists: Drake
Favourite Song: Re: Stacks - Bon Iver
Favourite Album: WDNTW
Times you've seen AVA: 2
Reputation point: 92


Return to AVA Movement Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest