New Forum Ranks

Updates about what's going on with the website.

Re: New Forum Ranks

by Giammy on Fri Oct 31, 2014, 10:02am

Skalor wrote:Ultimately yes, a rank probably isn't obvious. I think it's nice to have extra imagery on the forum, something for people to aim for. I could perhaps add on to these an additional ranking element, such as names or stars or something, but do people really want this? Let me know people.

I think that would be nice to have! At least for members.

Follow The AVA Movement for AVA and To The Stars updates!
Facebook: facebook.com/theavamovement
Instagram: instagram.com/theavamovement
Twitter: twitter.com/theavamovement
Giammy

Name: Gianmarco
Favorite Artists: AVA, Muse, Alkaline Trio, Sum 41...
Favourite Song: A Little's Enough
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Civil engineering, UAP research, music
More: http://instagram.com/gianmarcopetrucci
Reputation point: 135

by REvolve-16 on Fri Oct 31, 2014, 2:32pm

Skalor wrote:
doofy102 wrote:The icons are neat Skalor, I'm just not sure of the order, because it's sorta impossible to get a sense of the hierarchy without looking at this topic, because the monsters and Poet Anderson icons are kinda just mixed together; it's difficult to read, seeing it progress monster > poet > different monster > different poet particularly when the "higher" icons don't necessarily look higher, either (the monsters, maybe, but the different Poet icons look interchangeable).

As a ranking system, the planes worked better because it was an obvious "level up" scheme that you could read just by looking at the military rank and quality of the aircraft. It spelled itself out to you. Part of the reason "leveling up" felt cooler here than most forums was that you got something that was a direct improvement/addition upon your last thing (a better plane, a better military rank) which felt more satisfying than just getting a, well, different thing. It was a simple, rewarding, little perfect system. Genius, in fact.

I'll let you into some of my thinking about trying to make a ranking order, although you're quite right, the 'ranking' element is not very apparent.

The orbs progress upto Paralyzed and then The Dream Walker. Within the Poet Anderson icons I aimed to show his journey: he's gormless in the beginning, next he's fighting, then he's flying, then he's casting a huge spell. I then mixed in the night terror characters so people wouldn't get bored of having poet > poet > poet > poet > night terror > night terror > night terror. Also it reflects the strength of his enemies, it's typical to have progressively stronger enemies.

Ultimately yes, a rank probably isn't obvious. I think it's nice to have extra imagery on the forum, something for people to aim for. I could perhaps add on to these an additional ranking element, such as names or stars or something, but do people really want this? Let me know people.

I fully agree with doofy. I do, however, see your thinking, Skalor. I will miss the planes and apparent ranks (I was hoping for a shuttle one day) BUT these new ranks do give us a fresh piece of imagery.

ONCE we see the film, the ranks might make even more sense. We will have the ability to see the rank images and say, "Hey I remember that scene!" "That monster was bad ass" etc.

I like the idea of expanding the size of the rank icons. I like the idea of names for the creatures.

There's my current two cents.

Subsisto Procul Nusquam <3
REvolve-16

Name: Pieter
Favourite Song: Shove, Sirens, There Is, Stay Young (by Strata)
Favourite Album: I-Empire, Box Car Racer, Led Zeppelin II
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Interests: Music, My Guitar, Baseball
More: https://www.facebook.com/pieter.cryder
Reputation point: 20

by tyler182 on Fri Oct 31, 2014, 9:06pm

GiammyAVA wrote:
Skalor wrote:Ultimately yes, a rank probably isn't obvious. I think it's nice to have extra imagery on the forum, something for people to aim for. I could perhaps add on to these an additional ranking element, such as names or stars or something, but do people really want this? Let me know people.

I agree, I think this is a good idea!

I never wanted to coast, always wanted to be an anomaly.

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

Name: Tyler
Reputation point: 236

by ALVAYS10791 on Sat Nov 01, 2014, 8:16am

tyler182 wrote:
GiammyAVA wrote:

I agree, I think this is a good idea!

Shit, this would be awesome. Mommy always told me I'd grow up to be a star!!!

Spoiler: show
lol, I really do like this idea

ALVAYS10791

Name: Justin
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90

Return to AVA Movement Announcements