Astronomy

Updates about what's going on with the website.

Astronomy

by Skalor on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 4:51pm

Just so everyone knows Astronomy is now banned. He actually asked me to ban him. It's a shame he lost control of himself after being a member here for so long.

To everyone who ignored his troll bait, thank you.

Follow The AVA Movement for news updates!
Facebook: facebook.com/theavamovement
Instagram: instagram.com/theavamovement
Twitter: twitter.com/theavamovement
Skalor
Administrator
Administrator

Name: Matty
Favorite Artists: M83, Tycho, Arcade Fire, Jon Hopkins
Favourite Song: The Gift (Live), Open Eye Signal (Jon Hopkins)
Favourite Album: WDNTW, Reflektor, Dive, Immunity
Times you've seen AVA: 4
Interests: Graphic Design, Music, Philosophy
Reputation point: 210

Re: Astronomy

by ALVAYS10791 on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 5:19pm

Why did he ask you to ban him?

ALVAYS10791

Name: Justin
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90

by NotNow on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 5:25pm

ALVAYS10791 wrote:Why did he ask you to ban him?

A lot happened last night that was aggressively inappropriate. We were debating to ban him anyway, but then he asked to be banned.
NotNow

Name: Brendan
Favourite Song: Rollecoaster - Bleachers
Favourite Album: Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Times you've seen AVA: 0
More: http://
Reputation point: 172

by StephenCWJ on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 7:10pm

I still have no idea how things got out of control. Was it after I had said something or before?

Oh well, no arguments from me. No point in giving this forum a bad image for no reason.

StephenCWJ

Name: Stephen
Favourite Song: Rite of Spring
Favourite Album: I-Empire
More: paintingrockets.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 195

by NotNow on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 7:14pm

StephenCWJ wrote:I still have no idea how things got out of control. Was it after I had said something or before?

Oh well, no arguments from me. No point in giving this forum a bad image for no reason.

It wasn't about any one person. He just started ranting about the forum and everyone here in an obscene way.
NotNow

Name: Brendan
Favourite Song: Rollecoaster - Bleachers
Favourite Album: Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Reputation point: 172

by StephenCWJ on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 7:19pm

Fair enough. The mods did a good job cleaning it up for sure!

StephenCWJ

by TheWeatherMan on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 8:01pm

Wow, really? Kind of upsetting... what happened? That seems really out of character for him.

And now, I'll stop the storm if it rains, I'll light a path far from here, I'll make your fear melt away, and the world we know disappear.

TheWeatherMan

Name: Andrew
More: modlife.com/
Reputation point: 60

by tyler182 on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 8:57pm

There's a lot going on that people aren't aware of, though from the sounds of it Astronomy made this decision himself. You guys did what you thought was best and we should all respect that. I just hope people don't talk shit about him now that he's gone like what happened to me. We should all have respect for everyone involved and just try and move forward.

Soufian, I'm sad to see you go and I hope you get the help you need. If by some chance you see this, I'm still here for you and I'm going to try and get your contact info from the mods/Matty so we can talk some more. Take care, buddy.

I never wanted to coast, always wanted to be an anomaly.

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

Name: Tyler
Reputation point: 236

by ALVAYS10791 on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 9:15pm

tyler182 wrote:There's a lot going on that people aren't aware of, though from the sounds of it Astronomy made this decision himself. You guys did what you thought was best and we should all respect that. I just hope people don't talk shit about him now that he's gone like what happened to me. We should all have respect for everyone involved and just try and move forward.

Soufian, I'm sad to see you go and I hope you get the help you need. If by some chance you see this, I'm still here for you and I'm going to try and get your contact info from the mods/Matty so we can talk some more. Take care, buddy.

Are you on Facebook? I talk to him a lot on Facebook.

What happened last night though? I've been so swamped with work that i haven't been around much the past few days

ALVAYS10791

Name: Justin
Favourite Song: Disaster - Blink 182
Favourite Album: MMLP2
Interests: My wife, my children, music, sports
More: facebook.com/allenstowing; modlife.com/always10791
Reputation point: 90

by StephenCWJ on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 9:20pm

I'm not sure what's going on with him, not that it's any of my business (nor do I plan on making it my business). But what he posted today in that separate thread about Tyler, me and ploppy is not a good way to leave this forum and not a good image for the forum either. So I understand why he's banned. At the same time, like I said before when this all happened with Tyler, maybe it's best if one of the mods actually talk to him to see if everything is okay.

ALVAYS10791 wrote:Are you on Facebook? I talk to him a lot on Facebook.

What happened last night though? I've been so swamped with work that i haven't been around much the past few days

From what I understand, there was a thread made by someone else complaining about their negative rep, Astronomy decided to rant about giving me negative rep for not agreeing with him and ploppy negative rep for not liking his appearance. We moaned back, I went to sleep and apparently everything kicked off.

StephenCWJ

by tyler182 on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 9:22pm

Nah, I deleted my facebook about 6 months ago. As for last night, something triggered him (or has been triggering him over the past few days) and he kinda just lost it going off on everyone and the forum itself. The fact that he asked to be banned shows he knows he was doing something wrong and I'm assuming he's just trying to distance himself to clear his head. He's a good guy who has had a shitty life and has a lot on his plate at the moment.

And, Stephen, the mods did talk to him. He explained some of the things going on with him and asked for the ban himself, so even putting it to a vote with the rest of the forum wouldn't have really mattered. Like I said, I think he just needs a break for awhile. People make mistakes, I just hope things get better for him.

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

by Finz on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 9:31pm

I think I saw something brewing, but chalked it up to a petty argument and people getting hot headed. Sad to see a long time member go, glad it ended amicably....sort of. :police:

Finz

Name: Brian
Favourite Song: Heaven
Favourite Album: Everything in Transit
Reputation point: 20

by Airwaves92 on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 9:54pm

Sad to see a veteran member go but if he's asked to be banned then maybe he's got stuff to take care of personally before he allows himself to come back. Best of luck Soufian!

"Don't you go, come a little bit closer now if you like, when you die"

twitter@airwaves92
Airwaves92

Name: Tom
Favorite Artists: Twin Atlantic, Owl City, Coldplay, Green Day
Favourite Album: We Don't Need to Whisper - Angels & Airwaves
Times you've seen AVA: 2
Interests: Football (Soccer), Drums and Guitar
More: twitter.com/airwaves92
Reputation point: 55

by AVASTEVEN135 on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 10:19pm

I'm pretty sure it was Plop's newest avatar picture that set him over the edge :lol:

Credit goes to KayTheMagnificent! =)
AVASTEVEN135

Name: Steven
Favourite Song: There is
Favourite Album: WDNTW
Times you've seen AVA: 5
Interests: AvA, hiking, videos, Music , football, sports
Reputation point: 170

by GodisAnAstronaut on Thu Nov 06, 2014, 10:30pm

I agree that banning him was a good idea, however, I see no need to make announcements every time someone is banned. Almost like cyber bullying

Follow Me on Twatter: http://twitter.com/ThePolisena
GodisAnAstronaut

Name: Mike
Favourite Song: The Gift
Favourite Album: We Don't Need to Whisper
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Reputation point: 25

by Tyler44 on Fri Nov 07, 2014, 2:07am

I'd like to just address something.

We ALL have stuff going on in our lives. Personal things that are horrendous and difficult for us to deal with. Whether it is your iPhone cracking or a drug addiction or depression, there's something we all are dealing with. Some days things will get the best of us.

My advice to everyone is simple. Don't take it out on people here on the internet. It will always escalate to the wrong level and lead to a headache. Why? Because we don't know each other that personally, and lets say I'm having a horrendous week and come here and be a complete dick to someone random and my excuse is "I'm going through a lot", that will not settle well on the internet. Chances are, MOST people will read your posts, think you're a douche, and not give one shit about what is going on in life. It's perception and the internet. Now for example, tyler182 is on a more personal level with Astronomy, so he feels for him. He sees Astronomy is doing this, but knows him personally, so he will message him and ask what's wrong. On the other hand, another user will see it and instantly start an argument calling Astronomy a douche and lead to lengthy posts and headaches to go and sort through.

Bottom line is, there is a lot of good people here open to listen and talk on a personal level and help you if you're going through rough things. I always am willing to listen. But there is also a lot of people who are here on the internet, and can and will say anything to piss you off if you say something insulting. It never works out well if you come here to vent frustration on others. Keep that in mind friends!
Tyler44

Name: Not Tyler
Favourite Song: Handwritten
Favourite Album: Handwritten - The Gaslight Anthem
Reputation point: 160

by tyler182 on Fri Nov 07, 2014, 2:13am

Tyler44 wrote:Bottom line is, there is a lot of good people here open to listen and talk on a personal level and help you if you're going through rough things. I always am willing to listen. But there is also a lot of people who are here on the internet, and can and will say anything to piss you off if you say something insulting. It never works out well if you come here to vent frustration on others. Keep that in mind friends!

That's a good point. Maybe we should make a thread for when you're stressed or anxious or anything, to sort of let off some steam. Vent a bit and let others give advice. I think that'd be pretty cool, that way we have a running acknowledgement on the forum that if someone is acting douchey, maybe we should try and figure out why they're acting that way instead of just feeding into the anger.

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

by Tyler44 on Fri Nov 07, 2014, 2:22am

tyler182 wrote:
Tyler44 wrote:Bottom line is, there is a lot of good people here open to listen and talk on a personal level and help you if you're going through rough things. I always am willing to listen. But there is also a lot of people who are here on the internet, and can and will say anything to piss you off if you say something insulting. It never works out well if you come here to vent frustration on others. Keep that in mind friends!

That's a good point. Maybe we should make a thread for when you're stressed or anxious or anything, to sort of let off some steam. Vent a bit and let others give advice. I think that'd be pretty cool, that way we have a running acknowledgement on the forum that if someone is acting douchey, maybe we should try and figure out why they're acting that way instead of just feeding into the anger.

Yeah I remember there used to be threads after threads where people would start giant rant on some personal issue and many people would comment back and offer advice. It was very respectful and cool to see from a bunch of different people online. We may not need to do a sticky thread for it, but definitely make a point to let people know if they're stressed, depressed, or in a tough situation that there are people here willing to listen!
Tyler44

Name: Not Tyler
Favourite Song: Handwritten
Favourite Album: Handwritten - The Gaslight Anthem
Reputation point: 160

by tyler182 on Fri Nov 07, 2014, 2:34am

Tyler44 wrote:Yeah I remember there used to be threads after threads where people would start giant rant on some personal issue and many people would comment back and offer advice. It was very respectful and cool to see from a bunch of different people online. We may not need to do a sticky thread for it, but definitely make a point to let people know if they're stressed, depressed, or in a tough situation that there are people here willing to listen!

Here goes something...http://forum.theavamovement.com//viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14801

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

Return to AVA Movement Announcements