February 2015 Forum Announcements

Updates about what's going on with the website.

February 2015 Forum Announcements

by NotNow on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 6:44pm

So the last few weeks have been interesting to say the least. We've got a lot going on and are working hard at bringing exclusive content to you guys. You'll be hearing about an interview tomorrow from Giammy. I'm also working on an interview myself, but the logistics of that are still being worked out. I've got several announcements I'd like to make about posting on the forum on behalf of myself and the other mods.

1. Please stop double posting. This hasn't been an issue in the past so a double post isn't a big deal here and there. However, spamming a thread with multiple posts at a time is an issue. Please edit your posts from here on out.

2. Try to use good judgment on creating new threads. I've noticed a lot of threads pop up in the last couple weeks that are very narrow topics that can be brought up in one of our many general discussion threads. Examples include cool youtube videos, questions, and a specific thought or opinion that can be argued in a general discussion.

3. You are not allowed to have alternate accounts. Right now, we have no evidence that anyone is using alternate accounts. But if you are reading this and you use an alternate account, stop. If we find out you're using multiple accounts from here on out, we'll ban all your accounts.

4. Try to be more friendly and less confrontational. I know I'm just as guilty as the next guy with this, but its something we all need to work on. It's been understandable as some serious stuff has happened with Tom and blink so emotions are running high, but things have calmed down for the time being. So let's limit attacks.

5. We don't have a twenty four hour mod schedule to be on here. Every once in a while, there will be a couple hour period where we are not available and that will happen even if we added more mods. We are well aware of those of you that want to be mods, but Matty and the rest of the mods don't see the need for new mods for the time being.

6. Issues that you guys discuss publicly on the forum daily are also being discussed by us daily privately. We don't contribute because we're trying to figure out a solution privately and sometimes it has been difficult to find solutions recently so we try not to jump into arguments that don't need our immediate attention. Personally, I've gotten the impression you guys are unhappy with us which is a little frustrating to me (but I understand it because we haven't been actively posting as much) because I see these guys brainstorming solutions together every day to tough problems that have arisen since the album release. For example, we have spent a lot of time discussing how things need to be handled by us on March 1st if shit were to hit the fan. Things have actually required more critical thinking now than they did before the album in my opinion, and I know we've taken a back seat approach recently but just know these guys are contributing everyday behind the scenes.
NotNow

Name: Brendan
Favourite Song: Rollecoaster - Bleachers
Favourite Album: Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Times you've seen AVA: 0
More: http://
Reputation point: 172

Re: February 2015 Forum Announcements

by TheAdventure on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 7:13pm

Thanks Brendan!

And thanks to all the other mods! March 1st will be interesting for sure (if we actually get the music that day). Hopefully things stay under control.

TheAdventure

Favorite Artists: Weezer, Green Day, Bon Iver, Killers, Jack Wh
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: art, skateboarding, ministry, pizza
More: http://www.iamsotare.com
Reputation point: 105

by StephenCWJ on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 7:13pm

I feel like I've missed something massive. Honestly though, I thought double posting was a troll thing back in 2007. If you're still doing it now you're probably spending way too much time on this forum.

To the mods, don't worry, nobody is "frustrated" at the mods. There's plenty of us here that can hold our own until the mods clean up. But things have got heated recently and it probably would have been wiser to pay more attention and take more action instead of letting things get too out of hand before you guys needed to step in (in fact, some of the mods were the one's becoming the problem.. so that says a lot).

StephenCWJ

Name: Stephen
Favourite Song: Rite of Spring
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 1
More: paintingrockets.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 195

by LucidShadow on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 7:32pm

NotNow wrote:For example, we have spent a lot of time discussing how things need to be handled by us on March 1st if shit were to hit the fan.

I'm curious. What are you thinking will happen on March 1st? I'm aware that's the date the the new music could come out. Is there a history here of things going terribly bad during things of that type?

Anyway, thanks to the Mods for all the behind the scenes work you do to keep this forum going.

Into the Night we will go.
LucidShadow

Name: Christine
Interests: Lucid Dreaming, Kayaking, Hiking, Exploring
Reputation point: 55

by Tyler44 on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 7:35pm

lucidshadow wrote:
NotNow wrote:For example, we have spent a lot of time discussing how things need to be handled by us on March 1st if shit were to hit the fan.

I'm curious. What are you thinking will happen on March 1st? I'm aware that's the date the the new music could come out. Is there a history here of things going terribly bad during things of that type?

Anyway, thanks to the Mods for all the behind the scenes work you do to keep this forum going.

IF Tom does release his Songs Without A Home EP that day there will be a lot of traffic here. And because of the circumstances of what the release is, there's potential for some heated (but healthy) debates!

It's the next spike in activity here projected to happen, so we want total respect, organization, and I'm mostly looking forward to some new music/big debates about this!
Tyler44

Name: Not Tyler
Favourite Song: Handwritten
Favourite Album: Handwritten - The Gaslight Anthem
Reputation point: 160

by StephenCWJ on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 7:38pm

lucidshadow wrote:

Not terribly bad things, just heavy moderation usually. A lot of new users, double posting, new topics, duplicated topics, people who get irrationally overheated about the most stupid stuff, lots of 182-online "Tom sucks trolol" users. That's just the norm on most forums, but there's always something hilariously stupid that happens on here around release time.

StephenCWJ

Name: Stephen
Favourite Song: Rite of Spring
More: paintingrockets.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 195

by LucidShadow on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 7:48pm

Tyler44 wrote:IF Tom does release his Songs Without A Home EP that day there will be a lot of traffic here. And because of the circumstances of what the release is, there's potential for some heated (but healthy) debates!

It's the next spike in activity here projected to happen, so we want total respect, organization, and I'm mostly looking forward to some new music/big debates about this!

Okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

StephenCWJ wrote:Not terribly bad things, just heavy moderation usually. A lot of new users, double posting, new topics, duplicated topics, people who get irrationally overheated about the most stupid stuff, lots of 182-online "Tom sucks trolol" users. That's just the norm on most forums, but there's always something hilariously stupid that happens on here around release time.

In other words, lots to look forward to. :)

Into the Night we will go.
LucidShadow

Name: Christine
Interests: Lucid Dreaming, Kayaking, Hiking, Exploring
Reputation point: 55

by tyler182 on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 8:26pm

I think you mods are just fine and there's no need for more mods...however, that Tom's stance on Christianity thread was bumped yesterday, not today. I think one of the mods should have said something then, maybe that would have prevented the 2nd thread from being bumped. Other than that, you're doing a great job and we're all looking forward to what you've got planned!

I never wanted to coast, always wanted to be an anomaly.

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

Name: Tyler
Reputation point: 236

by GodisAnAstronaut on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 9:18pm

lucidshadow wrote:

Most important thing for everyone to remember on March 1st is to Keep Calm and Say Happy Birthday to Me ^_^

Follow Me on Twatter: http://twitter.com/ThePolisena
GodisAnAstronaut

Name: Mike
Favourite Song: The Gift
Favourite Album: We Don't Need to Whisper
Reputation point: 25

by TheAdventure on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 9:32pm

I don't see any problem in bumping threads if there's actually something relevant to add to it, and not just to bump it for no reason. Am I wrong in this or should new threads be made to start fresh?

TheAdventure

by NotNow on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 9:38pm

TheAdventure wrote:I don't see any problem in bumping threads if there's actually something relevant to add to it, and not just to bump it for no reason. Am I wrong in this or should new threads be made to start fresh?

No you're not wrong, but recent bumps have not added anything new to the conversation.
NotNow

Name: Brendan
Favourite Song: Rollecoaster - Bleachers
Favourite Album: Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Reputation point: 172

by AVASTEVEN135 on Wed Feb 18, 2015, 11:50pm

I'll keep the fortress locked down when you mods are busy, I aint got stuff to do!

Credit goes to KayTheMagnificent! =)
AVASTEVEN135

Name: Steven
Favourite Song: There is
Favourite Album: WDNTW
Times you've seen AVA: 5
Interests: AvA, hiking, videos, Music , football, sports
Reputation point: 170

by OneMoreAdventure on Thu Feb 19, 2015, 2:06am

I was kind of expecting this kind of announcement. Thanks to all the mods for making this such a successful forum, and I look forward to hearing more about the interviews!
OneMoreAdventure

Name: Tatiana
Favourite Song: Tunnels
Interests: Space, geography, running
Reputation point: 65

by TheEpicAdventure on Thu Feb 19, 2015, 9:07pm

This is a good time to say thanks to all the mods. I appreciate everything you guys do here, thanks for maintaining such a great community and dealing with any issues we have :)
TheEpicAdventure

Name: Lewis
Favourite Song: Diary
Favourite Album: WDNTW
Reputation point: 35

by TheAdventure on Thu Feb 19, 2015, 10:25pm

NotNow wrote:
TheAdventure wrote:I don't see any problem in bumping threads if there's actually something relevant to add to it, and not just to bump it for no reason. Am I wrong in this or should new threads be made to start fresh?

No you're not wrong, but recent bumps have not added anything new to the conversation.

Ok cool, that's what I thought. I may try to resurrect an old thread here soon, but it will be relevant.

TheAdventure

by TheNightTerrorMan on Thu Feb 19, 2015, 11:17pm

Thanks for doing your jobs mods. ;) You made this forum pretty successful. :D

(I am not being sarcastic)
Last edited by TheNightTerrorMan on Sat Feb 21, 2015, 3:25am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to djenni for the signature.
TheNightTerrorMan

Name: Mr.Nobody
Favorite Artists: Black Veil Brides (no not really)
Favourite Song: Call to Arms
Interests: (Just use this interests box, not the other)
Reputation point: 20

by Tyler44 on Fri Feb 20, 2015, 2:07am

I see why you posted this! :alien:

I'll be looking forward to looking more into that post when I have some free time!
Tyler44

Name: Not Tyler
Favourite Song: Handwritten
Favourite Album: Handwritten - The Gaslight Anthem
Reputation point: 160

by TheAdventure on Fri Feb 20, 2015, 10:16am

Haha yes :ninja: Was just making sure it was ok with you mods to bump the thread from two years ago!

Thanks! I hope you like it :wub:

TheAdventure

by TheLong on Fri Feb 20, 2015, 2:58pm

I think you guys are doing a good job. I want to mention Tyler44 for his PM to me when I was discussing the blink breakup. Talking with him through PM was important for me to stop all the nonsense, think better about what we were discussing and later realize where I was wrong and apologize. You all seem committed to make this forum a cool place for everyone and I want to congratulate you for that.
TheLong

Reputation point: 35

by TheNightTerrorMan on Sat Feb 21, 2015, 2:52am

I am sorry too for the nonsense shit that I posted in the AVA Gen Discussion thread. I promise every mods I''ll stay clean starting now. ;)
Last edited by TheNightTerrorMan on Sat Feb 21, 2015, 3:28am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to djenni for the signature.
TheNightTerrorMan

Name: Mr.Nobody
Favorite Artists: Black Veil Brides (no not really)
Favourite Song: Call to Arms
Interests: (Just use this interests box, not the other)
Reputation point: 20

Return to AVA Movement Announcements