March 2015 Movement Announcements

Updates about what's going on with the website.

March 2015 Movement Announcements

by NotNow on Sat Mar 21, 2015, 11:39pm

Hey guys, it's a new month (well it's almost April already) and everything is evolving once again to require a new announcement thread. The excitement with Tom is just never ending. This past month has been much better than early February with regards to respect for one another and each other's opinions. Things still seem to be evolving with Tom, whats going on with to the stars, and blink so we're going to evolve as well.

1. I'm making two new threads and adjusting one tonight. One is a ToTheStars.media discussion. This will be a discussion for all things that Tom is doing that is not music related. Anything music related will have its own thread. We're not really sure how to gage yet how To The Stars is going to evolve so we're going to have one thread for everything related to to the stars. For now, the poet anderson novel and comics will be discussed there until we decide if each piece of tothestars.media needs its own thread. This discussion thread MUST be void of Tom and blink drama. I will delete anything that mentions blink and its drama.

2. I'm creating a NEWS thread. This is a thread that can include both AVA and blink news. Anything that comes out, it can be as small as an instagram comment from Tom that goes in here. Both AVA and blink can be discussed in here. This is a place for NEWS and our immediate reactions. If this doesn't work out and things get too complicated we'll adjust things accordingly, but let's test it out. I'm going to try to be diligent in making sure that no news is duplicated, and merge anything news in a different topic here. This will be an active topic for the current happenings in Tom DeLonge's world. This is a free topic for discussing anything news related to tom. For now, it can include blink news, but discuss specific shows and opinions in the blink discussion topic seen in point 3. If the news includes the Tom and blink drama, it can be discussed in this thread.

3. I am making the blink with matt skiba topic the blink-182 general discussion topic. Evidence points to Matt officially joining the band and them continuing. If that doesn't happen, obviously we'll adjust the thread. Here is where we will discuss everything blink-182. This can include tom and blink drama as well. I've noticed that the opinions on tom include AVA, blink, and tom himself. There is a lot of overlap. I think we should keep all overlap in this thread. This is the main place to discuss the drama but the news thread will also include the drama and opinions when it is relevant.

4. With all of this said, AVA general discussion and ToTheStars.media must be void of the Tom and blink drama. We will readdress how to approach To The Stars when they launch in April.

5. Demos, Odds, and Ends must now consist of only info pertaining to that album. Opinions of songs are welcome of course, but things specifically related to blink drama should go in the blink discussion thread. Things will be okay to an extant of things like "there's no way this was a blink demo blah blah," but just use discretion to whether you think a comment belongs in this thread or not.

6. It's been a good month of being respectful. Now, let's take it one step forward and keep everything sorted. Tom's been out of the band for a couple months now. It's time to figure out how to sort things. There's still plenty of info coming out about the blink situation, but we need to keep it to two threads. The news thread and blink-182 general discussion thread.

I have not consolidated this sorting with the rest of the mods yet. It's late so I'm not getting any responses, but we'll discuss it tomorrow. I just wanted to get it out there now to start the sorting. If we decide to make changes to this plan, we'll make sure everyone knows. I know it's a lot to digest and a little complicated, but please bear with us and make the effort to understand the sorting. Please comment any confusion you have and we'll try to sort it out for you.
NotNow

Name: Brendan
Favourite Song: Rollecoaster - Bleachers
Favourite Album: Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Times you've seen AVA: 0
More: http://
Reputation point: 172

Re: March 2015 Movement Announcements

by AarunFast on Sun Mar 22, 2015, 12:25am

I like the organization, but I think there's going to be a lot of the same conversations going on across several different threads.

AarunFast

Name: Aaron
Favorite Artists: Drake
Favourite Song: Re: Stacks - Bon Iver
Favourite Album: WDNTW
Times you've seen AVA: 2
Reputation point: 92

by tyler182 on Sun Mar 22, 2015, 12:26am

I might be drunk, but this is sexy. Good job.

I never wanted to coast, always wanted to be an anomaly.

Sig by Elevator

tyler182

Name: Tyler
Times you've seen AVA: 1
Reputation point: 236

by TheAdventure on Sun Mar 22, 2015, 12:35am

AarunFast wrote:I like the organization, but I think there's going to be a lot of the same conversations going on across several different threads.

Yeah it'll be hard at first beacause everything is so intertwined, but I think if we are all proactive to post in the right spots over time it will help things flow into the necessary threads.

TheAdventure

Favorite Artists: Weezer, Green Day, Bon Iver, Killers, Jack Wh
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: art, skateboarding, ministry, pizza
More: http://www.iamsotare.com
Reputation point: 105

by NotNow on Sun Mar 22, 2015, 12:40am

TheAdventure wrote:
AarunFast wrote:I like the organization, but I think there's going to be a lot of the same conversations going on across several different threads.

Yeah it'll be hard at first beacause everything is so intertwined, but I think if we are all proactive to post in the right spots over time it will help things flow into the necessary threads.

Yea I agree with all of this, this was exactly what I thought when I was forming the thread. There's just so much going on with Tom, there's only so much organizing we can do so we need you guys to use your best discretion to decide where a post belongs. The most important thing is please please please dont just post something new in a topic because it's the most active topic currently. Please take the extra minute to figure out where something should go.
NotNow

Name: Brendan
Favourite Song: Rollecoaster - Bleachers
Favourite Album: Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Times you've seen AVA: 0
More: http://
Reputation point: 172

by TheAdventure on Sun Mar 22, 2015, 12:44am

Will do man!

When I saw Tom's FB post about the books I copied it and was trying to figure out if it should go in the AVA General discussion or not but then saw it was posted in two other threads haha! Hopefully soon we'll get some clearer info from Tom or Kari about TTS and all thats going on.

TheAdventure

Favorite Artists: Weezer, Green Day, Bon Iver, Killers, Jack Wh
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: art, skateboarding, ministry, pizza
More: http://www.iamsotare.com
Reputation point: 105

by StephenCWJ on Sun Mar 22, 2015, 1:20am

Hm, it's still a little messy, probably messier than it was before. All we need is a blink-182 thread and a Tom Delonge solo thread. We don't need a separate thread for the To The Stars stuff, nobody really talks about it that much.

StephenCWJ

Name: Stephen
Favourite Song: Rite of Spring
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 1
More: paintingrockets.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 195

by AarunFast on Sun Mar 22, 2015, 2:26am

I think the biggest thing is people might make a good (or bad) point on the wrong thread, and people will still want to respond to it and continue a conversation. Kind of seeing that now with the Instagram stuff. Idk, I could be nitpicking. It's late.

AarunFast

Name: Aaron
Favorite Artists: Drake
Favourite Song: Re: Stacks - Bon Iver
Favourite Album: WDNTW
Times you've seen AVA: 2
Reputation point: 92

Return to AVA Movement Announcements