Question everyone: toewsandkane, opinion?

Updates about what's going on with the website.

Re: Question everyone: toewsandkane, opinion?

by phatmatt on Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:06am

he's a little past that right field foul line, but as I said in a previous post, let's keep the forum to where people can say and put up whatever they want on here. I'm on another forum that doesn't let you curse or link to videos that have curse words, even if they are the funniest things you've ever seen! If you've gotten your feelings hurt on here I'm just :lol: ing at you, its just a forum.

phatmatt

Name: matt
Favourite Song: too many to pick from
Favourite Album: still too many to pick from
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: music and sports
More: http://
Reputation point: -5

by Raku on Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:13am

This post below me perfectly matches my opinion =)
Brett wrote:I think Anthony's post sums it up pretty well. The main problem I have with the guy is the way he treats people on here. I have no problem with him voicing his opinions about the issues that get brought up on here but, as Anthony said, he's so damn abrasive to the point where you can't have a reasonable discussion with him (which is the main reason I barely post in those threads). Anyone who even just slightly disagrees with him gets insulted in some form and I'm growing tired of his attitude.

I've got two pieces of advice for Toewsandkane:
1. Tone it down a bit. You might find that you'll get your points across a lot better as people might actually listen to what you're saying and consider your views.
2. Accept that not everyone is going to agree with you, no matter how hard you try to force them to.

Also, just because someone has a different opinion or idea doesn't make them an idiot/drone. Perfect example would be a restaurant; just because people have different ways to run said business, doesn't automatically make one wrong.

Raku

Name: Scott
Favourite Song: There is - BCR
Favourite Album: Dude Ranch - Blink 182
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Punk Rock
More: http://www.last.fm/user/MySummerJob
Reputation point: 10

by AcroxUniverse on Sat Apr 23, 2011, 4:40am

I don't really have much to say, as i haven't really paid attention to his political posts.

But imho you shouldn't be pointing this out in a thread, you could talk about this via PM, or an external source to people that you trust and you think have a good opinion, and obviously, as you already did, ask him out privately, and that is all, it's up to you if you're gonna make an important decision dude, i don't think it's necessary to call this out like this.

No fear, nor fight, comforting silent side
So free, through flight, comforting silence

We're accountants in the firm of life
Entrusted with a body, heart and mind
AcroxUniverse

Favorite Artists: The 1975, 소녀시대, BTBAM, Aphex Twin
Favourite Song: The Adventure
Favourite Album: We Don't Need To Whisper
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Music, Learning
Reputation point: 20

by Team Sleeper on Sat Apr 23, 2011, 5:33am

The main problem with him is his extremly disrespectful tone and manner. I'm accostumed to argue with people of every political spectrum (mostly conservatives, hardcore liberals and "leninists") in my field of study but all of them keep the discussion respectful.

Toewsandkane however doesn't even want to discuss; he has his opinion and every other opinion is "blinded" for him. He's more like a radical preacher who wants to shake anyone up. Thereby he mostly ignores arguments and the freedom of speech and focuses on his RADICAL (and from the point of view of european public and political science the tea party agenda is highly radical) opinion.

Radical people always seem to tell the truth and nothing but the absolute truth..

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."
Samuel Johnson
Team Sleeper

Name: Ryan
More: ryan-s.bandcamp.com
Reputation point: 25

by Astronomy on Sat Apr 23, 2011, 8:26am

First of all, his username is terrible and annoys the shit out of me because i have no idea how to pronounce it.
second , he's just a sad person and i donnt want to waste any more energy on it.

Astronomy

Name: Soufian
Favourite Song: Tool - Right In Two
Favourite Album: 10.000 Days
Times you've seen AVA: 3
Interests: Skateboarding, music, recording, science
Reputation point: 30

by XxLovexX on Sat Apr 23, 2011, 8:53am

I find it funny how you go into depth with these kinda things... Who gives a fuck what he says you dont like it dont ask the fuckin forum just ignore. Its some dude from the other side of the fucking world or someone youll never meet just another individual on this forum. Like this is a virtual world or something like fuck ignore it. gawd damn

XxLovexX

Name: Niko Rios
Favourite Song: Adventure
Favourite Album: I Empire
Times you've seen AVA: 2
More: http://
Reputation point: -63

by Skalor on Sat Apr 23, 2011, 9:27am

I know if this was an official band forum (moderated, unlike the blink one) he would have been removed long ago. Personally I've had enough of his aggressive, offensive manner and how he treats people. I was thinking about just banning him, but wanted to see what people thought.

I probably shouldn't have made it public, the two of you are right. Though AcroxUniverse, I don't know if you realise for how long we've been had to cope with toewsandkane's public displays.

If this was anyone else I would have just discussed this with the moderators. I wanted a wide scope of opinion.

I apologise if I was wrong in making this.

Locked. PM me if anyone has more to say.

Follow The AVA Movement for news updates!
Facebook: facebook.com/theavamovement
Instagram: instagram.com/theavamovement
Twitter: twitter.com/theavamovement
Skalor
Administrator
Administrator

Name: Matty
Favorite Artists: M83, Tycho, Arcade Fire, Jon Hopkins
Favourite Song: The Gift (Live), Open Eye Signal (Jon Hopkins)
Favourite Album: WDNTW, Reflektor, Dive, Immunity
Times you've seen AVA: 4
Interests: Graphic Design, Music, Philosophy
Reputation point: 210

Return to AVA Movement Announcements