13%
Voyager
20%
Chasing Shadows
41%

Total votes : 43

Re: Chasing Shadows EP - Official Discussion Thread

by AmarATWA on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:23am

I don't recall them ever giving out the phone number to call in... Does anyone know what it is?

AmarATWA

Name: Amar
Favourite Song: Do It For Me Now
Favourite Album: We Don't Need To Whisper
Times you've seen AVA: 0
Interests: Recording Music, Performing, Guitar, Film.
More: http://
Reputation point: 0

by plopbellie on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:31am

AmarATWA wrote:I don't recall them ever giving out the phone number to call in... Does anyone know what it is?

they gave out like 5 different phone numbers for whatever area you live in. dont remember any of them. but i really doubt he wants to hear people asking for an ava tour lol. thats rude.

Part 7

Report goes out that a third of our nuclear weapons in the oceans were being shut down by UFOs. They investigate, but when NATO, etc. ask they say they don’t know what it was, covering up. Possibly Russian technology as well.
Caller asks about Toms experience at camp, if he has done the meditation protocol since then. Says he’s talked to someone who does it every Sunday, records it. Hopes to have him in the documentary. Talking about gravity being consciousness.
Another caller is saying nothing Tom is saying is new. Says he’s heard it all before, gives examples. George tries to hurry him along. Cuts him off. Guy just rambling. Wants to know how Tom will get this information out when so many other people have failed. Tom says he is getting answers to the biggest questions and putting them out at a different level because he is able use his popularity as leverage. Says they have a major network on board to do the documentary.

plopbellie

Name: Stephen
Favourite Song: The Flight of Apollo
Favourite Album: Love Pt. 1
Interests: Music, Movies, the Internet
Reputation point: 188

by AmarATWA on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:35am

plopbellie wrote:
AmarATWA wrote:I don't recall them ever giving out the phone number to call in... Does anyone know what it is?

they gave out like 5 different phone numbers for whatever area you live in. dont remember any of them. but i really doubt he wants to hear people asking for an ava tour lol. thats rude.

I never heard these numbers. I'm from the East Coast. So..

And I hope that last sentence was towards Numbtotheshot and not me, cause I didn't say anything about a AVA Tour lol.

AmarATWA

by plopbellie on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:38am

they just said the numbers again lol. like 1 minute ago. and yeah towards numbtotheshot lol.

plopbellie

by Numbtotheshot on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:41am

plopbellie wrote: but i really doubt he wants to hear people asking for an ava tour lol. thats rude.

lol, if you actually thought I was being serious that's hilarious lmao.

"Sleep, and awaken to life. With your hands at your side- Paralyzed."
Numbtotheshot

Name: Esteban
Favourite Song: After World - Tiger Army
Favourite Album: I-Empire
Interests: Guitar, Skateboarding, Video Games

by onlyadirector on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:46am

This is actually incredibly interesting. Makes me wonder how they're allowing Tom to be the one to kick-start all of this. I have a feeling that this Sekret Machines franchise could be a game changer. Really excited to see where all of this goes.
onlyadirector

Name: Rebecca Stowe
Favourite Song: Aurora by Foo Fighters
Interests: music, singing, vidya gaemz

by plopbellie on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:47am

Numbtotheshot wrote:
plopbellie wrote: but i really doubt he wants to hear people asking for an ava tour lol. thats rude.

lol, if you actually thought I was being serious that's hilarious lmao.

haha i know youre not. but i wouldnt put it past some people.

plopbellie

by AmarATWA on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:48am

Wow, I'm shocked at how many callers are just... talking to Tom like that. "Why aren't you killed yet? Why do YOU deserve this"?
Really..? ugh.

AmarATWA

by Numbtotheshot on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:51am

plopbellie wrote:haha i know youre not. but i wouldnt put it past some people.

very true haha.

People are trying to roast tom and call him out on things and he is just schooling them lol

Numbtotheshot

by AmarATWA on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:52am

Numbtotheshot wrote:
plopbellie wrote:haha i know youre not. but i wouldnt put it past some people.

very true haha.

People are trying to roast tom and call him out on things and he is just schooling them lol

Yea exactly! I feel bad for the dude... He's very sincere and kind-hearted about all of this.

AmarATWA

by onlyadirector on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 4:59am

Looking forward to that Rolling Stone article on April 8th! I read that there was going to be a surprise at the end— is this circus music the new Angels and Airwaves single!!1?11!1?
onlyadirector

Name: Rebecca Stowe
Favourite Song: Aurora by Foo Fighters
Interests: music, singing, vidya gaemz

by plopbellie on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 5:00am

Part 8 Final

Caller asked about Mark Hoppus’ dad who worked at China Lake and if Tom knew anything. Tom never got access to that stuff though haha.
Another caller asked what network Tom’s show will be on, because she feels that if it’s not a paid network (HBO, Showtime) she feels a lot of things will be censored against his choice. Tom says he is in talks with Netflix, Amazon, HBO, etc.
Another caller saying something about cattle mutilations, dropping off gas masks to make it seem like humans. Weird stuff.
Another caller asks about religion and how that affects things. Tom says he has left Christianity, he feels that the stories of god were written by men who were sent here. One group of people hates mankind though.
Last caller asks about underground military bases working together and different types of aliens/ gods. One of them was the Anuki. Tom agrees with everything he says. Says there is stuff from back in the Reagan days.

Well that was fun. 1,658 words later :P Enjoy.

All the posts in one place.

Spoiler: show
Camping trip – went to go film for documentary, on way to Nevada test site, china lake, too far drive, pull off road, 100 miles from gas station, near death valley, communicate through consciousness, meditate to communicate with others, feels it’s gonna happen at 3am, time to go to bed, in tent, wake up hearing hundreds of voice around the tent, thought enters mind that it’s just multi op soldiers, wakes up later, fire is out, wakes everyone up, asks if anyone heard it, one didn’t, one did.
Rolling stone issue interview on april 8th about camping trip
Tom doesn’t believe ufo means aliens, more complex than that. Ufo’s can be close to home. Tom still cares about music, but things are taking a major shift. Tom is more interested in doing challenging, engaging things rather than the same thing over and over. Secret machines is the greatest story never told. Didn’t want to say anything without anyones permission. Goal to entertain and educate. Wanted to learn more about the Cuban missile crisis. Went to library to get tapes to hear exactly how JFK handled it. When he was standing in line, his phone rings, senator ted kennedy calls him, irony. Almost done with the nonfiction books. 1 finished, 2 done in the next few weeks. Fiction, nonfiction, fiction, etc release schedule. Peter levenda author of non fiction books. Wrote on nazis, occult, part of the UFO phenomenon. Documentary project to document effort of meeting people in charge. Tell story of how tom is building covert communication vehicles. Cant releae who all these people are. Tell the story of the information they gave him. Hit peoples belief systems hard. People want to bring out ufo files unless it hurts national security. Tom is respectful, very formal, try to run it like a program. Everything gets approval. Did a fake interview, learned what he could and couldn’t say. Sent it off to an advisor who sent back 4 pages of notes, with things like ‘stop calling it the phenomenon’.
AJ Hartley signs onto stories that people want to hear. Tom says AJ is a very elevated writer. AJ says the characters and the livelihood of them is fictionalized, but the grand story is based on information from tom. One part of the story based on AJ himself. In the 80’s person in japan see’s something, which is AJ. Book covers 4 main stories, characters all meet up somehow. Chapters get shorter and shorter and tension gets higher. Knew the first books scope, how things would be layed out, but they are always learn new things that will be put into the next book. Getting into the oceans, viruses. Hard to turn material in palpable story, documentary, movie, etc. Threads have been around for a long time, piecing story together. Possibly money used outside of government to fund exploration. Kept it separate. 3 people are from military industrial complex. 9 months of year in Nevada. The book allows toms sources to claim deniability because the book is fiction. AJ didn’t write anything that he didn’t feel could’t be true.
Tom has a group of advisors who are telling him his information. Project in mind before he got these guys on board. The forward explains some things on how he got into this stuff. Teaser for documentary soon, with silhouetted defense contractor engineer at Groom Lake. He says he made a call, tell’s tom to be careful. Not to get in a car if someone asks to go for a ride. Since then, Tom has been very respectful to everyone. Tom got into this stuff by gong to an event where family members could come celebrate what loved ones (engineers) in the ‘biz’ do. Was invited to introduce the head of the company to the crowd, said he would if he could sit with him for 5 minutes. Tom said he had an idea on how to reduce the cynicism on the topic. Tom was invited back to a building where he went through a bunch of security, had a hallway with white noise playing, and then went to a room where the top 3 engineers work with the head of the company. Tom’s there to tell them what he is going to pitch them. They know who Tom is, knows he’s into conspiracies. Cut off saying they cannot be involved in anything to do with UFOs. Gets his word out, asks for 5 minutes with the head. Says I understand the national security implications, but that there were things he had to address to the public, that the program from the 50’s was outdated and needed to be reframed for the youth. The head gained interest and they discussed something Tom wasn’t able to say on the podcast. The meeting was over. Sent the thesis of the nonfiction of the book, through email to the head at a later date, thought he messed up. 2 weeks later gets email saying he has a meeting with someone from the CIA by the pentagon. Goes to the back of a room at a location with 2 guys in suits. One guy is the head, the other is a new guy. Tom’s told to tell the other guy everything he told to the head. Spit out information for 20 minutes. The guy is staring at him, says things like this don’t happen at the white house, don’t happen at the hill, but happen at a table like this where a couple guys decide to push a ball down a hill. Next day at NASA, did the pitch again to another guy. They send a guy out to San Diego. They do an interview. They do a conference call with another guy, and then Tom meets him in San Francisco. At Ames Research center, the guy says he is a skeptic, but Tom gives the pitch anyway, the guy ends with saying to introduce Tom to the general. On Tom’s email 2 hours later he gets and email which changes the scope of the entire project. On the phone with this guy, walks through the pitch, the guy keeps saying he is a skeptic, saying he swore an oath on his country. Says he is afraid Tom will find a bunch of men in suits standing around an elephant.
In San Francisco, a man told him that during the cold war they were afraid of being attacked every day. Said they found a life form, and that there were heroes in Russia, who didn’t ‘fire back’. UFOs were turning our weapons on just so Russia could see we were testing new weapons. This guy forms the advisor committee Tom is in contact with. Now Tom has the ability to contact people from all branches of the government. Asks for information on certain things and is able to get it from someone. Doesn’t feel he is being lied to. Isn’t being fed information, instead has to ask to get anything. Very formal. There is no majestic 12. These people aren’t always in contact. Everyone has their own positions within their own divisions. Very few people are in contact with everyone and putting the information all together. It's a grab bag of scientists. Nobody's looking at the big picture.
Really believes everyone he’s talked to. Has to ask for permission for everything. Never will release anything without them on board. Told how he can release certain things. The government chose to release info on UFOs, but the government is also responsible for the cover up. Keeps the amount of believers low, but gets the information out there. Outsiders/ the others. Several ‘gods’ instigate war among mankind by ways of religions. We aren’t trying to start a conflict, very touchy dance, trying to figure out what countries are being manipulated by religions. Crop circles, mutilated cattle. Say this is the most important thing that he has ever done. Paradigm shifter. Looking into getting believers questions answered somehow.
Report goes out that a third of our nuclear weapons in the oceans were being shut down by UFOs. They investigate, but when NATO, etc. ask they say they don’t know what it was, covering up. Possibly Russian technology as well.
Caller asks about Toms experience at camp, if he has done the meditation protocol since then. Says he’s talked to someone who does it every Sunday, records it. Hopes to have him in the documentary. Talking about gravity being consciousness.
Another caller is saying nothing Tom is saying is new. Says he’s heard it all before, gives examples. George tries to hurry him along. Cuts him off. Guy just rambling. Wants to know how Tom will get this information out when so many other people have failed. Tom says he is getting answers to the biggest questions and putting them out at a different level because he is able use his popularity as leverage. Says they have a major network on board to do the documentary.
Caller asked about Mark Hoppus’ dad who worked at China Lake and if Tom knew anything. Tom never got access to that stuff though haha.
Another caller asked what network Tom’s show will be on, because she feels that if it’s not a paid network (HBO, Showtime) she feels a lot of things will be censored against his choice. Tom says he is in talks with Netflix, Amazon, HBO, etc.
Another caller saying something about cattle mutilations, dropping off gas masks to make it seem like humans. Weird stuff.
Another caller asks about religion and how that affects things. Tom says he has left Christianity, he feels that the stories of god were written by men who were sent here. One group of people hates mankind though.
Last caller asks about underground military bases working together and different types of aliens/ gods. One of them was the Anuki. Tom agrees with everything he says. Says there is stuff from back in the Reagan days.

plopbellie

by Numbtotheshot on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 5:01am

onlyadirector wrote:I read that there was going to be a surprise at the end— is this circus music the new Angels and Airwaves single!!1?11!1?

lmao I was pretty disappointed myself, I heard the same thing. Oh well. It was still a great show.

Numbtotheshot

by AmarATWA on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 5:02am

Well that was quite! Loved it.

onlyadirector wrote:Looking forward to that Rolling Stone article on April 8th! I read that there was going to be a surprise at the end— is this circus music the new Angels and Airwaves single!!1?11!1?

Hahaha I thought the same I was like wtf is this circus like music... Really? You end a show with Tom Delonge like that? pfft.

AmarATWA

by Numbtotheshot on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 5:04am

Alright well i'm off, night everyone. :zzz: :zzz:

Numbtotheshot

by Arun1910 on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 7:05am

Well I've woken up to no AvA music but that is okay

*dies inside*

Arun1910

Name: Arun
Reputation point: 15

by franciscomaia on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 8:41am

I am curious about that circus music you're talking about ahah

EDIT: thanks plop! you're the best
franciscomaia

Name: Francisco Maia
Favourite Song: Feeling This
Favourite Album: We Don't Need to Whisper
Reputation point: 25

by Arun1910 on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 9:54am

1 week away from 'Chasing Shadows' and no track list, am I right to feel concerned? I mean how secret does it need to be if it's finished?

Arun1910

by franciscomaia on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 10:07am

Arun1910 wrote:1 week away from 'Chasing Shadows' and no track list, am I right to feel concerned? I mean how secret does it need to be if it's finished?

did you mean Sekret ?
franciscomaia

Name: Francisco Maia
Favourite Song: Feeling This
Favourite Album: We Don't Need to Whisper
Reputation point: 25

by Arun1910 on Mon Mar 28, 2016, 10:13am

franciscomaia wrote:
Arun1910 wrote:1 week away from 'Chasing Shadows' and no track list, am I right to feel concerned? I mean how secret does it need to be if it's finished?

did you mean Sekret ?

Image#

Edit - Complete Audio available for stream via Karina Anderson - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ltspth5lxlbb ... lujHa?dl=0

Arun1910

Return to Angels & Airwaves Discussion